You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Independent Rounded Corner

Hi,

A good feature for UI designer to add could be the rounded corner like in PS CC.

Right now you can setup the radius but it applies to all angles of the rectangle. 

In PS CC, every corner is independant and can be tweaked. Very helpful to makes headers and footers.

A builtin feature could avoid to convert to path and do it manually.

Thanks

• Staff

You also notice that you can change the corner style for each corner as well.

SerifLabs team - Affinity Developer
  • Software engineer  -  Photographer  -  Guitarist  -  Philosopher
  • iMac 27" Retina 5K (Late 2015), 4.0GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M395
  • MacBook (Early 2015), 1.3GHz Core M, Intel HD 5300
  • iPad Pro 10.5", 256GB

Independent round corner is not a priority for me. I've AI CS4, it's enough for most of my works (rounded corners are in special effects).

You can round a corner in cinema 4d (a 3D app) for ten years ago... Adobe don't care what anyone thinks.

I prefer a powerful vector tool, ability to draw horizontal and vertical lines easily, that is the basis before all the rest.

• 1 month later...

Just ran across this very powerful capability this morning. Thanks for this.

One thing I like is the ability to create a shape using this that has two square corners and two round corners. Something like what a shelf with slightly rounded corners might have. Just super.

Also, in playing more with this functionality I found I was able to create a 1/4 section of a circle simply by removing the radius of three corners and maximizing the radius of the remaining corner and sizing down to where the vertical and horizontal side meet the end of the corner radius. Neat.

Max

OS X Ventura 13.0.1, Mac Studio M1 Max, 27" Apple Studio Display, 32 GB SSD. Affinity Universal License for 2.0.

Mac User & Programmer since 1985 to date. Author of “SignPost” for vinyl sign cutting.

• Staff

Have you got any further than the rounded rectangle... our other shapes are slightly more impressive.  ;)

SerifLabs team - Affinity Developer
  • Software engineer  -  Photographer  -  Guitarist  -  Philosopher
  • iMac 27" Retina 5K (Late 2015), 4.0GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M395
  • MacBook (Early 2015), 1.3GHz Core M, Intel HD 5300
  • iPad Pro 10.5", 256GB

Yes, nice touch with the triangle tool. Can draw one holding down the shift key then adjust the “top point” to zero (0) or 100 to create a perfect right triangle. Slick. Thanks.

Max

OS X Ventura 13.0.1, Mac Studio M1 Max, 27" Apple Studio Display, 32 GB SSD. Affinity Universal License for 2.0.

Mac User & Programmer since 1985 to date. Author of “SignPost” for vinyl sign cutting.