conrad2k

Dodge/Burn tool question

I have used the Dodge and Burn tools on the iPad version for a while and have always wondered how the little color wheel with a lock in the middle is used, and the gray target with the pen in the bullseye.  What's that for? When I tap my Apple pencil, or finger, on them, nothing seems to change with the tool's performance other than they get a gray highlight around them.  I've learned a lot from videos, but none seem to go through each tool with a detailed explanation.

IMG_0924.jpg

From the built-in Help:

Protect Hue—when selected, the colour tone remains faithful to the original hue.

Force pressure to control size—Toggle to control brush size with pressure if using a pressure-sensitive device. This overrides brush defaults.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.12.86 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.2 (iPad Air 2)

On 5/25/2018 at 1:00 PM, αℓƒяє∂ said:

From the built-in Help:

My problem with the built-in help, not just for this but also for quite a few other things that explain the functions on the context toolbar, is it never clearly shows which is the enabled & which is the disabled state. Particularly on my 9.7" iPad, the icons in the help topics are so tiny it is hard to tell if they are shown on a grey or black background, much less which state that is supposed to represent.

This may seem like a minor thing, but help topics are supposed to cover that kind of info -- otherwise they are of no help if that is what a new user is confused about. 

Affinity Photo 1.6.7 & Affinity Designer 1.6.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.6.11.85 & Affinity Designer 1.6..4.45 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.1.1