Stuhrer

Snapshot feature unuseable

I tried to use the snapshot feature to perform two different croppings on a picture. It works well before I save and reload the picture as afphoto-file. After reloading and switching to a snapshot the picture gets very dark (see attachments). This dramatic colour change makes the feature unuseable.

It seems that some action is performed on the picture when selecting a snapshot because when closing the picture just after selecting a snapshot it Affinity Photo asks whether the changes shall be saved.

test1.thumb.jpg.efa54ad5989f64434c0a5cf95d1dbf8d.jpgtest2.thumb.jpg.2940bb617123d6e67f3104a553ae23fa.jpg

Hi Stuhrer, are you by any chance editing in 32-bit? You can check by selecting the Hand Tool and looking at the context toolbar entry (it should list the document pixel format and resolution). In fact, if you move between snapshots, just keep an eye on that entry and see if it changes.

I can reproduce this if I convert between 32-bit and either 16-bit or 8-bit and create snapshots, then toggle between the snapshots. Have you inadvertently changed the colour format between snapshots?

Affinity Photo Video Tutorials - Affinity Photo for iPad Tutorials

Looking for a manual/documentation? Check affinity.help for online help!

@JamesR_Affinity for tutorial sneak peeks and more

Hello,

Any update on this problem. I am experiencing the same behavior.

I do edit in 32 bit. However I do not change the bit-depth at any point during my editing process, only upon export.

The Snapshot functionality would be very helpful if it were usable.

Thanks!

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, @John HM.

The way the forums are setup and used I would recommend that you create your own topic, in the current Bugs forum, rather than trying to reactivate this old one. You will find instructions there, along with a list of information that will be helpful to Serif if you can provide it.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.464 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.4464 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.475 Beta