You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm currently scouting the web for product mockup bundles.

I came across Pro Mockup - Art Scene Creator where I can move assets in the layers to  make up a background scene to help display my designs/products.

The files are in psd format. I'm assuming that if I download it I can put this into Affinity Designer. However, I've looked to see if Envato of Pro Mockup have indicated anywhere that it is compatible with Affinity Designer which they haven't they just mention it can be used in Photoshop.

Has anyone used this scene mockup in Affinity Designer?

4 minutes ago, BrightBold said:

they just mention it can be used in Photoshop

If they only mention Photoshop, not Photoshop Elements, then it may well contain ‘Smart Objects’ which neither PSE nor AD can handle properly.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

Hi BrightBold,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
The product you mentioned does make use of smart objects. They will be imported as (non-editable) pixel layers in Affinity Photo.

From the details on the products page: "All pillow designs are replaceable and fully customizable (Smart Objects)". So at least these elements are not fully editable in Affinity Photo. There may be more but there's no other references as far as i can tell. Better to contact them directly and ask for more details.

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like I'm not going to get much joy with Envato.

You have to go through their forum and I've searched for answers with no results.

Are there any other companies creating scene mockups that can be used with Affinity Designer
or Affinity Photo?

Hi. BrightBold,

Looked over the product. It appears to to offer lots of stock texture and objects in .psd format. I infer from watching a few vids that the objects may get a layer order. For instance, wall textures always are at the back, picture frames are alway in front of the wall, objects like lamps are always in front of frames, lighting effect spread over all layers under. These are things that AP does, and one might put the images into an assets file. But the layering would be manual, I suppose. From the few vids I could find, it doesn't appear that they offer layers of depth. That is, a presentation with a wall in the foreground, and another in the background. This is something AP could do, tho' there would be a fair amount of work involved. While AP does not use the smart object routine, one can apply any number of adjustment layers to individual pixel layers, and turn them on or off as needed. 

Myself, it appears the package is optimized for very rapid presentations. Do you also need mock-ups for specific spaces?

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet