Hi Bert,

This was vastly improved since 2014. With the Node Tool selected, ⌃(ctrl) + drag moves the node while keeping its control handles positions intact. It's not intended to extend/create control handles from a node. You can do that with the Pen Tool itself, no need to change to the Node Tool: place the Pen Tool's cursor over a node and drag to convert it to a smooth node (extending its control handles). If you need to get rid of one of the control handles, press and hold the ⌥ (option/alt) key and click on the control handle you want to remove.

Hey there!

Have started using Affinity Designer for a few personal projects, and although it's a great tool, sometimes it has some behaviours I don't quite understand...

For instance, I'm trying to use the node tool to marquee select a few nodes across different objects and I just figured out that whenever I have a straight line that just won't work (see screenshot).

Is that behaviour intentional, or is it a bug?

Thank you!

Rodrigo

select_nodes.jpg

Hi MEB,

Thanks for the reply, good to know! I was wondering if there could be a reason behind this behaviour, but if it's a known bug it's all right...

Sometimes when you have multiple points close to each other it's hard to shift-click each one, that's why I needed the marquee to work.

I've worked around it by adding middle points to the lines on less crowded areas and shifting them slightly so I was able to marquee-select the end points and move them where I wanted. Then I deleted the middle points.

Not super easy, but it worked for what I needed! :)

Obrigado!

Rodrigo