You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi all, I know this must be simple but I can't make it happen. Take a look at the screengrab. I want this texture to fill the whole group of shapes. Can anyone tell me how to do that as currently I can only get it either behind all the items in the group or inside one of the boxes. Is there a way to do what I am looking for?

ScreenHunter 172.png

I like turtles!

Windows 11

Sony A7iii

Sony A7riii

Sony A7Rii

Sony RX10 Mkiii

Canon G5x

Mavic Mini drone

A partridge

A pear tree (occupied)

www.philrosephoto.com

7 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi Phil_rose,
Select all rectangles, join them all using an Add boolean operation then drag the texture over the resulting shape in the Layers panel (not over its thumbnail but the area on the right) to clip it to the shape.

Sorry to be dumb but I don't know how to use Add boolean operations. Can you expand on that? I'll do a search too. Thanks in advance!

I like turtles!

Windows 11

Sony A7iii

Sony A7riii

Sony A7Rii

Sony RX10 Mkiii

Canon G5x

Mavic Mini drone

A partridge

A pear tree (occupied)

www.philrosephoto.com

• Staff

Here's a clip demontrating a subtract boolean operation. An Add boolean operation is done the same way. Just click the Add icon instead (the one with a plus sign in the Geometry group).

So in you case select all rectangles first, then click the Add icon on the main toolbar to turn them all into a single shape. You can then clip the texture inside it.

subtract_operation.thumb.gif.40fceb33ac6379d3be85cd4bc87a197d.gif

Wow, you're quick! I worked it out. I didn't realise that the add button was a boolean function but yes that makes total sense. I assume that, once I have added them I can't unadd them later so I should make an asset of them before I do that?

Thanks again,

Phil

I like turtles!

Windows 11

Sony A7iii

Sony A7riii

Sony A7Rii

Sony RX10 Mkiii

Canon G5x

Mavic Mini drone

A partridge

A pear tree (occupied)