I'm not sure if this is a bug or what's wrong exactly, but I'm trying to pick a certain color (indicated within the pink oval) but whenever I do Affinity gives me one of the colors in green ovals. Even with the exact hex code it gives me the color comes out wrong. Not sure what's happening. Any help is appreciated!

Screen Shot 2018-05-22 at 5.29.42 PM.png

Hi Murioi,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Do you mind attaching the file where you are experiencing this issue? I can provide an upload link if you wish to keep it private.
How are you picking the colour? Are you using the colour picker in the Colour panel or the Colour Picker tool on the toolbar on the left?

The file is attached. I've labelled the appropriate layers COLOR: CORRECT and COLOR ERROR so you can see what I'm getting. 

I'm picking the color using the color picker on the right color panel and the one on the left toolbar. When both failed I tried to get the hex code from a few sources and I kept getting the greenish hue. I did find a workaround by using the marquee tool and erasing what I didn't need, but the issue with painting is still present.

Thanks for looking into this :)

Color_Error_Example.afdesign

I have a similar problem - I want to set the background on a poster to a kind of electric blue - I've got the colour in the apple colour picker, but when I apply this colour it shows up as a kind of powder blue.  Same if I enter the codes, one document displays the electric blue, the other a powder blue.  I really need to get this right before I send the file off to the printers. I've got the background set as curve and am selecting the colour in the panel at the top left of the screen, the clicking on the apple colour picker.  The colour in the apple colour picker swatch does not match the colour of the background, no matter what I try.

19 minutes ago, terrerouge said:

I have a similar problem - I want to set the background on a poster to a kind of electric blue - I've got the colour in the apple colour picker, but when I apply this colour it shows up as a kind of powder blue.  Same if I enter the codes, one document displays the electric blue, the other a powder blue.  I really need to get this right before I send the file off to the printers. I've got the background set as curve and am selecting the colour in the panel at the top left of the screen, the clicking on the apple colour picker.  The colour in the apple colour picker swatch does not match the colour of the background, no matter what I try.

Just a guess: Are both documents using the same ICC profile? If not, the colors you pick (even using the hex values) will not be the same.