Kevin Simmonds

Affinity Photo keeps crashing!

As my experience, many times AF/AD just crashes without any notification, just freeze then not responding (when saving files, copy symbols, drag and drop file from windows explorer ...) then window which tell me to stop or wait application appears. That is all!

On 5/21/2018 at 10:43 AM, Chris J said:

Hi Kevin,

Did you get (and send) a crash reference?

Many thanks

Chris

Hi, no, it dosnt give me one,  Affinity just locks solid, i have to reboot and start again, its so bad i rearly cant use it, iam now using Adobe Photoshop with no problems, Affinity is much better than the version of PS iam using so hope i can get the problems sorted?

Hi, no, it dosnt give me one,  Affinity just locks solid, i have to reboot and start again, its so bad i rearly cant use it, iam now using Adobe Photoshop with no problems, Affinity is much better than the version of PS iam using so hope i can get the problems sorted?

Hi Chris,

Sorry for delay in replying, been on the road.

what exactly were you doing at the time?  this problem has been with me since the last update, and there isnt any one thing that makes it lock, it can be working fine for an hour or so then lock, or it can lock in just 5 mins, have just opened to sort my last trips images and it locked solid  in 12mins, i was adding a gradient at the time, rebooted managed to get the image sorted then it locked during exporting, have sorted all my work in photoshop now, i can see iam going to have to wipe Affinity off my machine and revert to photoshop, the money i payed for Affinity was a waste!

In my case Affinity Design freezes my entire Win 10 system, sometimes for up to 30 minutes, when I am drawing using a graduated stroke (with a pressure setting to alter the width of the stroke) over a bitmap image file that I have greyed by lightening the image as if drawing over a tissue underlay. Usually the screen image has been enlarged for drawing accuracy when the freeze occurs and the bitmap (a tiff) is fairly high resolution but just a BW halftone.

On 5/20/2018 at 6:01 PM, Kevin Simmonds said:

I have 2 computers running Affinity Photo, both keep crashing, locking up, which meens i loose hours of work

this has got so frequent ive had to go back to using Photoshop!!!

Same problem, anything past 4K will just instant crash, very sad. I'm back to photoshop as well but sometimes try affitinity photo cause it's cheaper but it's just a terrible program that gets nothing done. Can't even import 8K pictures without crashes.