Ryanverbeek

URGENT - photo crashes when creating new document

For over two weeks now my Affinity Photo crashed every. single. time I want to create a new document, drag and drop, create from clipboard, manual settings... nothing works. I deleted the app and reinstalled it twice, I rebooted my Mac a dozen times, during these weeks I've had to work with lower quality programs but I really need affinity photo back. I've been a happy usr for over a year but I just can't get it to work. 

I've sent the crash reports before but I'm stuck now, I really need to get it to work... 

Hi Ryanverbeek,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

I'm sorry to know you are having trouble. Can you please attach the crash report to this post so we can take look please? Then launch the app with (ctrl) held down until a Clear User Data dialog appears. Remove the ticks for Don't restore window and documents and Reset Studio. Leave only Clear User Defaults checked then press Clear. Does this fix the crash issue for you?

Thanks a lot! I wanted to do that but it was quite long so I wasn’t sure if that was allowed. 

Im just about to leave the house, I’ll share everything in a little over an hour! 

Thanks a lot again

14 minutes ago, Ryanverbeek said:

I wanted to [attach the crash report] but it was quite long so I wasn’t sure if that was allowed.

If you add it as an attachment instead of pasting the text into the body of your message, it won’t really matter how long it is. :)

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

Sorry for the delay, 

I copied the text from the report and exported it as PDF and attached it here, because it might be useful for the team still.

The unticking of the two boxes except Clear User Defaults worked. Is it necessary I tick them back on? 

crash report.pdf

6 minutes ago, Ryanverbeek said:

The unticking of the two boxes except Clear User Defaults worked. Is it necessary I tick them back on?

No you don’t need to do anything further. Those boxes are always ticked by default when you Ctrl-launch the app, and the advice to untick them was merely to prevent the removal of more user data than would have been necessary to fix the problem.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)