Officially, as in, a specific tool to work out shape area's NO but if you know the dimensions of a simple or irregular shape: https://www.mathsisfun.com/area.html

Unofficially, If you want to quickly estimate the area on simple shapes and irregular shapes you could use the Grid: View > Show Grid or ⌘' on the Keyboard.  Sizing the Grid to a known value i.e. 10mm x 10mm gives you a starting point, you do that by Opening the Grid and Axis Manager: Show > Grid and Axis Manager or ⌃ ⌥ R Once you have sized your grid you can now count up the whole grid squares and then the approximate half grid squares to give you an approximate area. 

5b0117f740c08_ScreenShot2018-05-20at07_38_13.png.5bcc4feea1ac897da9233f6ca885b8e6.png

If on the other hand you want to try and work out the area of a Jelly shape, you can do this with the grid approximation but if you need an accurate figure you need to get jiggy with some Calculus and use something like Greens Theorem or as a slightly more accurate estimator; Picks Theorem.

5b011abc3fd68_ScreenShot2018-05-20at07_50_09.png.38ab10e1457294e1fc36de59e3b1293b.png

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo, Publisher Beta 1.7.0.140, Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials Instagram & Flickr - Affinity Live 19th June 2019

2 hours ago, firstdefence said:

If on the other hand you want to try and work out the area of a Jelly shape, you can do this with the grid approximation but if you need an accurate figure you need to get jiggy with some Calculus and use something like Greens Theorem or as a slightly more accurate estimator; Picks Theorem.

If I wanted to know the area of a shape like that, I would export to PDF and use the area tool in PDF-XChange Editor. Unfortunately, the program is only available for Windows.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.4 (iPad Air 2)

If you can export the vector co-ordinates to a text format such as PDF or SVG, then you can calculate the area from this data. You would neeed to edit the svg/pdf file to extract the coordinates into a csv file. You can then load this into excel or an equivalent to do the sums. If you wish to pursue this route, I can supply the necessary formulas for you.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.7 and Designer 1.7, (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

3 hours ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

If I wanted to know the area of a shape like that, I would export to PDF and use the area tool in PDF-XChange Editor. Unfortunately, the program is only available for Windows.

Ooh now I'm intrigued.. :1_grinning:

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo, Publisher Beta 1.7.0.140, Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials Instagram & Flickr - Affinity Live 19th June 2019

18 minutes ago, firstdefence said:

Ooh now I'm intrigued.. :1_grinning:

No need to make do with just being intrigued! The free version includes the measurement tools, so you can simply log in to your Windoze laptop, go to https://www.tracker-software.com and download it if you want to have a play. :)

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.4 (iPad Air 2)