Jacob Pacheco

The color of my whites are tinted yellowish

So when i came back from school, my computer was going through a couple updates, and when the updates finished, i opens up affinity designer, and the white colors were tinted in a yellowish color, this dosent go for just one file, this goes for all of them. i messed with some settings in color preferences, but nothing changed, please someone help me fix this issue, and quickly too, cause i have clients waiting for me to finish their gfx designs.

Capture.PNG

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, Jacob. :)

The problem that you’ve described occurs when you have an ICC profile assigned to your monitor. Changing the ICC profile to sRGB will fix it.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.11.85 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.1.1 (iPad Air 2)

If your monitor is already set to sRGB, I’m afraid I wouldn’t know what steps to walk you through. :(

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.11.85 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.1.1 (iPad Air 2)

Hi Jacob

When you said about it being already set to sRGB was that in Window's Colour Management dialog? Could you bring up the 'Colour Management' dialog and attach a screenshot showing the 'Devices' tab and select your monitor in the dropdown. If you have multiple monitors a screenshot for each one would be good.

Thank you very much!

I have the same exact issue and have no clue how to fix it. I have tried the color management settings but with no luck. Thanks in advance for any help.

6 hours ago, phila3 said:

I have the same exact issue and have no clue how to fix it. I have tried the color management settings but with no luck. Thanks in advance for any help.

Could you also attach a screenshot showing the Colour Management dialog in Windows please (not the one in Affinity).

I have attached the color management dialog as requested. If this isn't what you are looking for I will need additional infomation. Thanks!! - Phil

2018-05-22_074502.png

That is correct. Would you be able to attach that 2260.icm file please - it can be found here: C:\Windows\system32\spool\drivers\color

This profile is broken and is causing the issues you are seeing. If you tick 'Use my settings for this device' and then click 'Add'. In the list that appears select 'sRGB IEC61966-2.1' and click OK. If you have multiple entries in this list ensure you click 'Set as Default Profile'. Once you've done that close the Colour Management dialog and Affinity should appear without the yellow tint!

7 hours ago, phila3 said:

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! Once I set the new profile I have white as I should. Did you still need the 2260.icm file? :)

Yes please! Development are still interested into looking into these profiles!

On 5/22/2018 at 8:15 AM, Sean P said:

That is correct. Would you be able to attach that 2260.icm file please - it can be found here: C:\Windows\system32\spool\drivers\color

This profile is broken and is causing the issues you are seeing. If you tick 'Use my settings for this device' and then click 'Add'. In the list that appears select 'sRGB IEC61966-2.1' and click OK. If you have multiple entries in this list ensure you click 'Set as Default Profile'. Once you've done that close the Colour Management dialog and Affinity should appear without the yellow tint!

THANKS YOU SO MUCCCCHHH!!!!!!!!!

On 5/22/2018 at 2:15 PM, Sean P said:

Hey @Sean P i am currently having the same issue on my windows 10 PC with an AOC G2460V.

In your post you asked to remove the monitor profile assigned to the monitor and replace it with sRGB standard one to solve the tint issue.

For me that is a problem since i am using X-Rite's i1 Display Pro color profiler to create my calibrated display color profiles.

Besides, Affinity Photo and Designer worked fine on my PC until a week ago more or less. So it might be some change in the new windows 10 version?

At the moment i cannot send you the monitor profile i use on my AOC as i'm in the office and the PC with the problem is at home, if you need the color profile let me know.

Do you any other info on this matter?

On 6/1/2018 at 9:57 AM, evitorino said:

Hey @Sean P i am currently having the same issue on my windows 10 PC with an AOC G2460V.

Besides, Affinity Photo and Designer worked fine on my PC until a week ago more or less. So it might be some change in the new windows 10 version?

At the moment i cannot send you the monitor profile i use on my AOC as i'm in the office and the PC with the problem is at home, if you need the color profile let me know.

I would like a copy of the colour profile if you can send it over. I can't imagine anything in Windows has changed the way colour profiles work? Though we do use the graphics card to apply the colour profile changes, so perhaps a graphics card driver update?

If you create a document with the same colour profile as your monitor, it won't do any colour conversion, so can I assume you were using something like sRGB / CMYK / etc on your document?

Hey, thanks for the answer.

I have solved the issue, after the last windows update, windows added the windows default color profile for my monitor to the monitor's profile list.

Something weird happened with the update i think, since after it, i had both the default color profile and my custom x-rite profile marked as "default" or "active"  by windows, i cannot recall the exact term, as i am now on OSX and can't verify.

I tried choosing one of them as the default but nothing changed. After that i deleted the default profile. Problem solved.

Maybe it was the fact that both profiles were marked as active?

Anyway i will attach to this message the profile i created with x-rite on windows. The default one provided by windows alas i deleted it :D.

PS: I am using an Radeon RX 480 with updated drivers.

2460G5-01-07-2017.icm