You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is there a way to resize a rectangle without stretching the pattern?

Hello everyone.

Is there a way to resize and rotate a rectangle without stretching the pattern?

wgoA2fH.png

I know that if you use the Node Tool, patter says intact, but that's not what I'm looking for,

I tried to google an answer to this question, but I couldn't find it. So that's why I'm asking here now.

Can anybody help me?

3 minutes ago, GabrielM said:

The Fill tool will "fill" the object. You cannot lock the texture. You will have to work on parent/layers to achieve what you want. :)

That sucks, because when it comes to patterns, you don't always want to deform them every time you rotate or resize object.

5 minutes ago, owenr said:

That does not prevent the transformation matrix of a filled object being applied to the fill.

Say that again, slowly! xD

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

Nope. It just locks the bitmap fill (the texture). If you later transform the shape then the pattern will also be distorted. I've already filled a couple improvements for bitmap fills but they were not implemented. I would also like to force them to keep 1:1 image dimensions for example.

2 minutes ago, MEB said:

Nope. It just locks the bitmap fill (the texture). If you later transform the shape then the pattern will also be distorted.

In that case, how can you do it without using a locked child layer as Gabe has suggested? o.O

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 2 years later...

If you convert to curves and use node edit instead of transform, then the fill is maintained as originally placed. That's the only way I've found to maintain it without having to create a clipping layer for it I'm afraid. Bit of a pain tbh, especially as there is no way that I can see of inputting actual values for the image fill scale. It'd be nice to be able to lock the fill when transforming an object.