You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I’ve exported a pdf from affinity designer on my Mac and when I try to print it comes up with the error ‘The document could not be saved. An internal error occurred.’ I’m printing other pdfs made outside affinity fine, so it seems to be this specific pdf that’s causing the problems. 

Does anyone one have any suggestions as to how to fix it?

Paddington 2 A3.pdf

• Staff

I printed your file from both Mac and Windows with no issues.  "The document could not be saved. An internal error occurred" is generated by Adobe, when you either print to a virtual printer or when you made changes to the document ( mark-up, highlight) and it could not save it. 

• 1 year later...

Hi, I have this same error. My Production Printer is selected. It tells me: "The document could not be printe". After I click "OK", it says again "A drawing error occurred". If I print a PDF created  from DrawPlus 8,  there is no problem. Can any one help, please!! So urgent!! Thank you in advance. 

2 hours ago, Gabe said:

Hi, Thank you for your kind reply. Here it the file. As noted above, if I redesign it in the Serif Drawplus 8 and publish in PDF, it works fine. I have used the Drawplus since about 6 years and I have purchased the three Affinity products a couple of months ago and today is the first time I try but sadly I am facing this error. I hope it will be solved soon. Thank you. 

@GoPrint

Welcome to the forums

Can you attach the pdf and the source affinity file in question?

vk.pdf

Edited by GoPrint

7 minutes ago, GoPrint said:

Ok. That is very strange. I just downloaded this file from you and still the same problem. 

af.jpg

Have you done restarted your computer? That can make a world of different when weird errors like this pop up.

I am using a Mac running High Sierra with Acrobdat DC pro, latest update that came out today I believe. 

• 3 weeks later...