You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When I first bought this program it ran 1 time. Then it wouldn't open. I had reached the point of filing a claim with my CC company  for a rip. Then I tried it and it came up. So I canceled the claim. I don't use it often, but now it won't come up at all, and I get an error message- CLiP license device ID does not match the device ID in the bound device license.  It also has: C:\Program Files\Windows apps serif EuropeLTD Affinity Photo10604.104.0.0 X64_844sdcfzm...\Photo.EXE

It was just saying Program not found. I hope you can check and see I paid for it, but getting tired of the crap. I am an amateur and not one of the elite that are on here- I just want what I paid for.

Motherboard replacement? This computer is not even 4 months old! Nothing has been replaced. I bought this app [Affinity] from Microsoft shop. I do not know how to uninstall/reinstall it. It has not worked right since I bought it. It works. Then It stops working.

Windows 10 runs fine. It came installed on the computer. Now it is saying: 

Affinity Photo is currently not available in your account. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001... this is what typically happens when it won't run. I have worked in it 2 or 3 times- when it comes up. Unfortunately- now it won't come up.

Have you updated windows or is there and update pending?

How to uninstall Microsoft Store App: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/uninstall-windows-10-apps

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

There's information about error 0x803F8001 here.  I have 2 copies of AP, one from Serif and the other from the MS Store.  The Serif install is fine but I've just tried the MS Store version and had a couple of problems - first it produced a "can't run" message and at the 2nd attempt it ran but my firewall treated it as a new program (suggesting it was in a new location?).  It's fine now, but it looks like the MS Store can be a bit flaky!

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10

16 hours ago, talleycat2006 said:

Now it is saying: 

Affinity Photo is currently not available in your account. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001... this is what typically happens when it won't run.

Error Code 0x803F8001 means:
You do not have an entitlement for the product. You might be using a different Microsoft account than the one that was used to purchase the product.

Therefore it thinks the Microsoft Account you are using now isn't the same one that you used to purchase Affinity Photo with.

1) Go to the following link and sign in with the Microsoft Account you used to buy Affinity Photo with.  If you use Microsoft Edge as your web browser, right-click Microsoft Edge and select 'New InPrivate window'.  This is so that it doesn't automatically sign you in and instead will prompt you to enter your username and password for that account.

https://account.microsoft.com/devices/content

Once signed in, check whether your computer is shown as one of the devices listed for that account under 'Apps & Games'.

001.thumb.jpg.00f5897a307ab56c11ccb2702c73d06a.jpg

2) If you sign into your computer with a Microsoft Account (I.E. abc@outlook.com), double check that you're signing into it with the same Microsoft Account you originally bought Affinity Photo with.

3) If you sign into your computer with a Local Account or if the above Microsoft Account above was the correct one, then try opening the Microsoft Store app, clicking on the account icon in the top right and signing out.  Close and reopen the Microsoft Store app and sign back in with the same account you used to purchase Affinity Photo.

002.thumb.jpg.93995bc93a62af1e917eec308ab4df1e.jpg

4) Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Click 'Affinity Photo' > Uninstall

5) Go to the Microsoft Store > ... (In top right corner) > My Library > Show all Apps > Affinity Photo > And click on the 'Get' or 'Install' button.

Ok, So this morning, I clicked on Affinity- and it opened right up. As I said, the computer is new, nothing has been added or changed- windows updates regularly. The problem is inherent in Affinity Photo from what I can tell. I just can't figure out why it works, then it says it's not there. When I go to MS store, it shows the app is installed. Working great- right now. The question is- will it work again?

31 minutes ago, talleycat2006 said:

The problem is inherent in Affinity Photo from what I can tell.

That seems unlikely - there are pages of information about causes & cures for the type of problem you're having, but (so far as I know) you're the only person who's experiencing it with AP.  Do you have any other MS Store apps and are they running OK?

I have no other apps. I only bought Affinity rather than use an older NS photoshop. I already had filed a claim with the credit card to remove it when it started working again. I guess I'm just not computer savvy enough as you guys are to figure it out. I guess I'll go back to my CC Company and try to get my money back, unless it's been too long and I'm stuck with it.

As I said- I bought from MS Store when the computer was 2 weeks old, it ran and quit. Then it started up, then it won't open again. There could be an issue between Affinity and MS but I don't know why and MS Store has no contacts or help lines that a non-computer programmer can decipher.

22 hours ago, IanSG said:

... at the 2nd attempt it ran but my firewall treated it as a new program (suggesting it was in a new location?).

They install in different folders depending whether it's from the Microsoft Store or not.  I.E.
C:\Program Files\Affinity\ (Serif Installer)
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ (Windows Store App)

What can cause issues with Store Apps though (and Windows Defender too) is they include the version number in the file path.  I.E.
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.9226.21595.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\HxOutlook.exe

Therefore if you have a machine locked down to only allow whitelisted applications to make outbound connections, then when the Store Apps update, the path name changes and therefore will be automatically blocked by the firewall.

Windows Firewall allows Windows Store Apps to be whitelisted by their App Package SID instead of using the file path (I.E. S-1-15-2-2551677095-2355568638-4209445997-2436930744-3692183382-387691378-1866284433) therefore by using an SID it means it's not necessary to keep updating the firewall rules every time apps are updated (also I think most Store Apps add their own rules to Windows Firewall).  But for third-party firewalls that use file paths, the rules will need to be constantly updated unless the firewall allows the use of wildcards in the paths.

32 minutes ago, - S - said:

They install in different folders depending whether it's from the Microsoft Store or not.  I.E.

I know - I should have made it clear that both versions had previously run and been whitelisted.  It's not the first update via the MS Store though!

• Staff

Any issues with installing from MS store would have to be addressed directly to Microsoft. Unfortunately, we have no control over their install process as it's all sandboxed. 0x803F8001 is Microsoft specific. As mentioned above, the error would be "outside" of Affinity.