You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unwanted reset of colour format

Hi there,

when setting up a new document changing the paper size always resets the colour format back to RGB/8. That is somehow counter-intuitive: Sometimes I forget to set the paper to the required size but select CMYK first. As a consequence I have to set the colour mode to CMYK again after having changed the paper size. A bug or an intended behaviour?

Best,
Volker

Hi MEB,

thanks for your quick response. However, it leaves me thinking whether it is the right approach or not. To consider the intended output (print, web, photo, device) as a preset does make sense to me. But why should the paper size work as a preset, too? Often it does not make sense at all: The intended output is set to "print" and the colour format to "CMYK, ISO coated v2", but any following change of the paper size resets the colour format to "RGB/8" while the intended output remains "print"... Since when do print shops use RGB? So, one has to correct the colour format and profile again to "CMYK, something...".

Maybe it is worth to discuss this matter internally. 

Best,
Volker

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.