You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

About Afiinity Photo and designer licenses

I´ve a question about license of this great programs. For example, If you pay for a Mac license and you hace three computers, you can install in all of them. Same thing in a Windows license. This is a great notice for the users.

But, what about users that have both platforms (is my situation). I´ve paid for a Mac license (for my IMac) ¿I need to pay double to install in my Windows Laptop?.

Thanks for your help and sorry about my english.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @WillyWeb. :)

You have summed up the situation pretty well. There are currently no cross-platform licences, mainly because Serif and Apple don’t share individual customer data (but I don’t know whether things will change when Serif start selling Mac licences through their Affinity store).

Your English is fine, by the way, so there’s no need to say sorry for that.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Affinity are great products and as all upgrades are free of charge I don't think id quibble about paying for both a separate windows and Mac license so long as the upgrades stay free of charge. Adobe is incredibly expensive a year in comparison to the one off fee and remember your supporting the dev's when you purchase a license, I can understand when you buy a Mac license and you can install on any Mac you own and same with windows but cross platform license id rather keep updates free and have to purchase an additional license for windows separately.