You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Yeah, I think I can see what you mean.

Assuming that the train isn't in a pitch dark environment with only one light source - or maybe even in that situation - there will be some diffuse(?) reflection of environmental light rays that will hit the viewer's eyes from the other side of the dome making it look like the light is coming from that direction.

Or something like that.

Anyway, it's a nice logo and I hope the client likes it too.

P.S. It would be very interesting to hear what the client's views are on the different variants. It might give some insight that would be useful to other people.

I've attached an overview of the logo design's evolution. The client has chosen the last (bottom right) variety. The shifted shadow / reflection on that carriage is dedicated to you, @GarryP:10_wink:

Recapitulating, the client missed a social element in the first version, which is my personal favorite, as I'm a 'less is more' or 'KISS' (Keep It Simple, Stupid!) type of guy. :12_slight_smile:

After adding the smiling faces, the client preferred the addition of an element that reflected both food and love, so I added that to the carriage. Personally I think it's a bit too much detail in one logo. In fact, I think it would have been ideal if only the locomotive could have sufficed. But that's not enough to reflect a social factor.

Anyway, it was fun creating this. Thanks again for your feedback, appreciated.

metin-seven_icons-logo-symbol-emoticon-designer_flat-train-logo.png

visualization • illustration • animation • 3D design — metinseven.nl

I think the heart symbol works very well by itself symbolising "Love Food". It seems a bit of a shame to me that you had to "waste" it - if you know what I mean - by including it here.

A lot organisations seem to be trying to forcefully cram "social interaction" into so many things these days. If you have to ram it down people's throats - pardon the food-based pun - that you're fun and social and inclusive and "down with the kids" then you're probably not. Just how things are I suppose.

My preference would have been the first one - top-left, but maybe with the altered shadow - but as long as the client is happy it's a job well done.

Nice work. Thanks for sharing.

• Staff

Hi Metin Seven,

Great thread going on here. Thanks for sharing the whole process, the final result and client's preference. I do agree with you in that is has probably a little too much detail. Don't know how it hold on small sizes like on the top left of a webpage or on a small screen device, nonetheless it was great to follow the whole thinking process. As GarryP said we do need more threads like these :)