You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Template creator

Hi,

I will like AD and AP to allow users to be able to create template for their future projects.

Sample:

One needs to create a brochure than the user to start doing some calculations and settings 

everytime, they do it once, safe and call it faster. 

Yes macro can to that but a simple template system will be fine and gives a better User experience around the app

OMG. YES.

I dream of the day I can have an .aftemplate file or something like that. It'd save me SO much time on things like creating business cards for people and what not.

Liz DelSignore

Affinity Photo 1.6.4 + Affinity Designer 1.6.4

Field: Digital Marketing

Job Title: Nerd, CEO

7 hours ago, ldelsignore said:

OMG. YES.

I dream of the day I can have an .aftemplate file or something like that. It'd save me SO much time on things like creating business cards for people and what not.

Hi @Idelsignore, hi @ehigiepaul,

why don't you create a template-like file right away and save it for future use in a special folder (e.g. called 'Templates').

Once you want to use one of these templates you open it, save it under a new name in a new project folder and you are ready to go.

The only difference to 'real' templates is that you don't have a menu command like 'New from Template' ;)

Cheers,

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

6 hours ago, tipforeveryone said:

Or you can use Assets for repeative usage of some element, it is useful to me.

Hello @tipforeveryone,

this is true but it does not work for whole documents. I tried it but did not find a way to add an entire document as an asset.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil