You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Transfering Affinity Photo files/projects to External HD ?

hi,

first of all, sorry if this question has been asked before, but I can't seem to find the ideal solution to my question:

I have installed Affinity Photo (AP) in my iPad Pro 10.5 and have accumulated projects within AP. I would like to transfer the projects / AP files into my external HD for archiving purpose.The external HD is usually managed through my Windows desktop with USB connection.

May I know what would be the best way to transfer the AP files/ projects from iPad to the External HD?

Thank you for your time and help.

• Staff

Hi @dodonizer,

Welcome to the forums.

You will have to check first where you have all your projects saved. Open Affinity Photo > Settings ( cogwheel in the top right ). Check "Save Location". If it's icloud, you can log in to your icloud from your windows pc and download it to your external hdd. If it's "on my ipad" you will have to copy that folder on your Icloud or use your choice of File Transfer to transfer it to the windows pc. 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

Download Easus Mobimover (free) or Imazing (paid) for Mac or pc. These make moving files from iOS devices to pc simple and quick. You can probably use iTunes but I generally find iTunes a pain. If you have a wireless connection you can use Documents (free) on the iPad to connect to the pc and move files from the iPad to the pc. Wireless will be a bit slower.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

hi GabrielM and DM1,

thank you for the reply, as I am saving the projects inside the iPad, I will try to transfer the files from iPad to PC first.

@DM1 : thank you for your recommendation, indeed iTunes is a pain, and I can't seem to find the AP projects inside iTunes in "File Sharing" > "Affinity Photo". I will try your advice with Easus Mobimover and Documents and update you with the outcome.

Thanks again!

hi,

thanks for the tips, in the end I decided to stick with iTunes to copy the .afphoto files. That way, I can also use iTunes to import the TIFF files from PC to iPad on the same session.

thanks again for the suggestions!