You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Public Beta (1.1.2.23003)

Hi,

I just changed my computer and I was trying to install the Affinity Photo beta but I'm not allowed to sign up because it says that I already signed up with my email address.

Is there a link where I can log in and download the latest beta? 

Thank you for your help.

Best,

Carlos

Hi,

I just changed my computer and I was trying to install the Affinity Photo beta but I'm not allowed to sign up because it says that I already signed up with my email address.

Is there a link where I can log in and download the latest beta? 

Thank you for your help.

Best,

Carlos

PM sent with link Carlos, cheers, Dale.

Twitter: @Writer_Dale
Affinity apps run on: Ryzen 5 3600, 32GB RAM, GTX1650 Super

Update updates?  Andy and MEB, it seems from your posts here that you are (expecting to be) releasing updates every Monday.  Monday 2 March has come and gone and no update in my Affinity world.  Did I miss something - either an actual Monday update or the understanding of what the posts meant (e.g. "we will release updates when ready, and this will usually be on a Monday")?

Retina iMac (4K display, 1TB SSD, 16GB RAM) OS X 10.11.6  Capture One 10.

• Staff

Update updates?  Andy and MEB, it seems from your posts here that you are (expecting to be) releasing updates every Monday.  Monday 2 March has come and gone and no update in my Affinity world.  Did I miss something - either an actual Monday update or the understanding of what the posts meant (e.g. "we will release updates when ready, and this will usually be on a Monday")?

There isn't any real schedule although we try to release a beta every Tuesday, but it isn't guaranteed. It all depends on how many bugs we introduced, or whether we are waiting on any crucial fixes (or features). So the beta might be delayed until near the end of the week, or even later. :)

Hello .. 

I signed up a couple weeks back but never tried out the program. I tried yesterday and received a message saying my beta was out of date and to follow a link to get an updated one.  When following the link it takes me to Designer and not to a new Photo download. I tried following my original DL link but got the same message about being out of date.  I am running 10.9.5 , do i need Yosemite ?   thanks for your help

Hi Waruibelmont,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Click on the download button on that message to download the latest version.

Hi there. When i click on the download button on the message stating that the beta has expired, I get sent here which is for Designer, not Photo:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/15-affinity-designer-beta/

Could this be looked into?

Thanks!

I'm having trouble exporting. I'm running Yosemite, latest version (not beta) and I cannot export to jpg or png. I haven't tried other formats. I know earlier versions exported fine.

The file saved okay. Just the export (whole doc) failed.

R

Author and Publisher of novels, poetry and children's books. deon.ca

Hi there. When i click on the download button on the message stating that the beta has expired, I get sent here which is for Designer, not Photo:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/15-affinity-designer-beta/

Do I have to sign up for the beta every single time you guys make an update?? Hopefully not as its quite annoying!

This is the same error that i am getting. The download link takes me to Affinity Designer. 

thanks for your help.!  I"m excited to give this a try. 

I tried to open Affinity Photo today and a pop-up box displayed, "Beta Expired. This beta has expired - please download the latest beta to continue testing." I click the Download button and am sent to the Affinity Designer forum page. I tried to sign up for Photo Beta as a new user, and it states the email address is already registered. Yes, that is correct. :) The Mac is OS X 10.8.5, the same as before. I am out of ideas. Thanks, Tom.

Rory, I suppose this doesn't really help ... but I'm on 10.10.2 and have no issues exporting to these or TIFF.   Have you had any other issues since updating your OS?   

(You could try the public beta of 10.10.3 if you wanted to explore the possibility that it was something to do with the OS X; but if you do, be warned that there are lots of posts out there critical of the new Photos app that is included in it as a replacement for iPhoto and Aperture - probably best to ignore Photos if you do try the beta).

Retina iMac (4K display, 1TB SSD, 16GB RAM) OS X 10.11.6  Capture One 10.

Same here get the designer beta forum also, I went back to open my beta registration for Affinity Photo and currently downloading from that link, not sure if it will be the new version or the same old ) my internet is slow where I am atm, will be another 2 hours before its downloaded ;)

Like @afggrr and @lukectracy I am having the same issue. I have the latest version of Designer Beta, but can't download the new Photo beta since the app won't launch without the message to download the new beta. It then takes me to the Designer Beta post.

If I manually go to the Photo Beta forum post, the only option available is to sign up again, there is no download link to the beta.

I'm not sure what happen to my exports. Today it works fine, after a reboot. The file was created in AD and a jpg made from that. AP could not export (after adjustments) export to png or jpg. I had to revert to a third-party solution. Today, still wondering what happened, I tried again. Voila, it exports perfectly. I'll file it under "glitch" and move on.

BTW, I've nearly converted all my workflow to Affinity (A or P). All I need now is Publisher because most of my work eventually ends up as ebooks and PDF press-ready files (and the files I need for web, covers etc. all stuff surrounding ebooks and marketing).

R

Author and Publisher of novels, poetry and children's books. deon.ca

@RoryEon

Hello, just wanted to echo your comment about converting all of your workflow to the Affinity Eco-system. I made the exact same move and have no intention of looking back. I can't wait until the release of Affinity's DTP so I can finally remove Adon'tbe Indesign from my system. I mention this before on one of my other post — PLEASE!  Affinity create an Acrobat alternative. I truly would love to purge as much Adon'tbe out of my life as possible. 

ONSO

15"-inch MacBook Pro, 2017, 2.9GHz Intel Core i7 | 16Gb

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.