You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Public Beta (1.1.2.23003)

• Staff

Purpose: Features / Improvements / Fixes

Requirements: None

Mac App Store: Not submitted

New beta sign-ups: https://affinity.serif.com/photo

Update: Run the app to get the link

Features

- Colour balance adjustment.

- Cmd-Click a layer to turn it into a selection.

- Shift-Cmd-Click a layer to turn it into a selection based on luminosity.

- Support for Wacom Airbrush Wheel.

- Support for monochrome RAW formats - including Leica.

- Flip support for clone / heal brushes.

- Use number keys to set layer / brush opacity.

- A basic picker tool for the Curves adjustment panel - more to come.

- Imported ICC profiles will persist when Photo is closed.

Improvements

- Median sampler performance improvement in 16bit mode.

- Pressing 'b' cycles through brush tools in a more sensible way.

- PSD import improvements.

- Plugin improvements - more to come.

- Preferences option to control how aspect constrain works in the Move Tool.

- Emboss, Clarity filter improvements.

- Added grid and ruler capabilities to Develop Persona.

- Numerous other small improvements in tools / filters.

Fixes

- Numerous crash fixes.

Great work guys.

2009: 27 inch iMac / Intel Core i5 / 2.66 GHz / 16 GB Memory / System: Yosemite 10.10.3 – PRINCIPAL DESIGN SOFTWARE: QuarkXpress 9.5.1, 10.5 and 2015 / Pinegrow Web Designer / Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo / Acorn

Downloading now! Looking forward to playing soon :) Thanks guys! Keep up the awesome work!

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

Thanks Andy!

Now I can't get the ⌘click layer to work, anyone having the same issue?.. 

But ⌘click layer works in the new Affinity Designer Beta this makes an selection. :)  

Good morning Paekke!

Did you sleep well?  :P

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers

I am seeing UI anomalies and things like the Brush outline disappear randomly. The whole visual side seems less stable with blocking and stuttering. I have noticed that my iMac is ramping up the fans quite a bit more too. Not sure what that means?

I am loving working with AffinityPhoto apart from that. I think it will finally replace PhtotShop as my main editor for work. It takes so much less time to achieve the same results. Cool!

Hey Guys, sorry to say this but the more I am using this beta the more I am finding thats is unstable or just doesn't work. HSL is very patchy as to whether is affects as it should and nearly all the tool outlines disappear after a couple of seconds. 

regards NJW

Paekke - got to hit the layer icon with Cmd down - not the text - does this help?

Andy.

After the new update today it works, didn't work last night.

Thanks Andy!

Good morning Paekke!

Did you sleep well?  :P

Yup I slept well as always. Still not sure why I didn't notice I was using the wrong brush..  :unsure:

Save and Load Selection implemented. Thank you.

And photoFXLab now works on my machine and, if I use it, all of my Topaz plugins work. Thank you again.

I am still getting some crashes using the Topaz plugins directly, but not as many as before and, thanks to above, I can now use them through photoFXLab. Much better.

Minor detail I just caught, doesn't even deserve it's own post, just an FYI for when you release the MAS versions of AD and AP: the © info in the Finder's Info window reads © 2014...

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

• Staff

Hi EcoWolf,

This is very strange - your machine is much higher-specced than my 2.0GHz i7 MacBook Pro and has a significantly better GPU than my built-in one that's trying to power my retina screen - yet, everything seems lovely and smooth for me? :(  I've also got the same Wacom driver as you...

I know I'm going to sound ridiculous, but would you possibly just try rebooting your machine and telling me if it's still as bad? (And no, I don't believe that should be necessary - my iMac hasn't been restarted in months and is solid and smooth, but just for the purposes of testing, could you entertain me?) :)

Thanks,

Matt

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.