You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[Multi] RTL language text support

26 minutes ago, Sam Neil said:

so I decided to set myself a challenge (stupidly) and here we are! 

Oh, this happened to myself, too 🙂

Good luck!
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

On 12/23/2020 at 9:22 AM, Tia Lapis said:

So who besides Adobe supports it? It is no money maker. Especially for a small company as Serif.

Absolutely not true! Most software companies nowadays supports RTL!

Adobe, Microsoft, Corel, Apple, Inkscape, etc.....

Its a shame.

It is what it is. I don't get why it's so hard to accept what Serif said multiple times: It will take many years as it is not priority and hard to implement.

Mac mini M1 / Ryzen 5600H & RTX3050 mobile / iPad Pro 1st - all with latest non beta release of Affinity

23 minutes ago, Tia Lapis said:

It is what it is. I don't get why it's so hard to accept what Serif said multiple times: It will take many years as it is not priority and hard to implement.

It is just a topic we talk about -- you are the one who doesn't accept us talking about it (and i really don't know why)

2 hours ago, Tia Lapis said:

You made a statement "nobody supports...", and I answered that it's false and untrue.

Now we hope that Affinity will add it a little faster they said they would

18 hours ago, klm.ny said:

made a statement "nobody supports..."

No, Tia Lapis asked “So who besides Adobe supports it?” and tried to find answers why Serif still hasn't added it. This is the truth. Serif has not the power of Adobe, Microsoft, Corel, Apple and Inkscape. Even basic functions do not work correctly since many years. Many basic functions are still missing. Like RTL language text support. This is the truth. It even was not on the roadmap! But the Mesh Fill Tool, the Mesh Warp/Distort Tool, the Knife Tool, Replicate/Blend, … which are still missing features since years! So how can you get RTL on (top of) the roadmap of Serif?

Serif wrote “it is not a priority and should not be expected for many years.”

How can we get RTL on (top of) the roadmap of Serif?

1 hour ago, Oval said:

No, Tia Lapis asked “So who besides Adobe supports it?” and tried to find answers why Serif still hasn't added it. This is the truth. Serif has not the power of Adobe, Microsoft, Corel, Apple and Inkscape. Even basic functions do not work correctly since many years. Many basic functions are still missing. Like RTL language text support. This is the truth. It even was not on the roadmap! But the Mesh Fill Tool, the Mesh Warp/Distort Tool, the Knife Tool, Replicate/Blend, … which are still missing features since years! So how can you get RTL on (top of the) roadmap of Serif?

Serif wrote “it is not a priority and should not be expected for many years.”

How can we get RTL on (top of the) roadmap of Serif?

I agree with you on this .. I really like affinity designer and I hope Serif will find a way to add all these feature in the near future

Guys i know there is no native support until now but is there any workarounds other than save my text as pdf from inkscape ? i read that i should press left button after each letter but it didn't work

Do u imagine designing infographic without seeing the final look of the text u want to add? i cant just make the design then send it to inkscape then add the text, so now I'm sending the text as pdf to AD but i want to change the fonts and see what fits in real time 😅.

i hope affinity look into support it partly, like with small plug in or something until the full support.

Thanks