You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When I want to edit my raw files and open them with affinity photo, it opens way to dark. even though my picture itself is slightly over exposed. 

when i open the same picture with  Dark table it opens just fine, also when i open a preview with windows foto its a lot lighterjust as on the camera.

ive already de and reinstalled affinity hoping it would solve the problem but can seem to get it to work properly. I ve asked a friend to check it out with his photoshop lightroom, but there it opens just fine. its just affinity not doing it right.  ive attached a screenshot of the picture in affinity and in the preview from windows.   also atached the Raw file. 

When i make it lighter by changing the exposure slider it really messes up the quality so thats not an option. 

been using affinity for months now without problems, so i dont really understand why these last couple of weeks this is happening. hope you can help me.

I use an fujifilm xm1 camera. 

32464489_10155211028791370_8135325819980480512_n.png

DSCF5006.RAF

• Staff

Hi @josine,

Welcome to the forums. 

We currently have an issue with some Fuji Cameras. This has been logged already with our developers and we hope to get a fix in the next updates. 

Sorry for any inconvenience. 

Thanks

Gabe. 

the problem is, when i do it that way i get horrible result, like trying to fix an very underexposed picture, is there no way to get back to affinity befor the update that made it this way? i do have a very old photoshop elements so, i an nog use that to at least do some basic work and save as jpg and than open in affinity but its kind of frustrating, it worked so wel the first months i used affinity, dont wanna go back to photoshop 

• Staff

If you do the adjustment in Develop Persona, right when you open the raw file, you should not see any difference as it's all 32-bit float, and nothing will clamp.Just make sure you have the "Apply tone curve" selected in Develop Assistant > Tone curve. For any previous versions, check this link: https://affinity.store/en-gb/update/windows/photo/1/

• 4 years later...
  • Staff

The issue "Serif Labs Raw engine opens up Fuji X-T1 RAW files with compressed histogram" (REF: AFP-1150) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.1.0.1769".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.