You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi all, I was watching some youtube videos where someone was using a radial adjustment brush in lightroom to lighten various areas of a photo by adding new brushes everywhere by changing the exposure value. He could change the shape and size of the brush from a circle to elongated elipse as well as feathering and intesity using the sliders.
Is this possible in affinity photo? Thanks Jon

• Staff

Hi @Jonnio,

Welcome to the forums. 

That specific tool is not present in Affinity. If you need to lighten up an area, you will have to work on masks and adjustment layers. Or, you can use the dodge tool to achieve a similar effect.

Thanks,
Gabe. 

You can use brush and gradient overlays in the Develop Persona.  If you were watching Serge Ramelli then you won't be able to duplicate his approach exactly, but you can do similar things.  

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10

2 hours ago, Jonnio said:

I was watching serge! Good to know there is a way, thank you.

There isn't a single way - it's more a case of learning a few techniques like dodging & burning, using masks and adjustments and then working out how to achieve the same effects he does.  Oh, and remember to add magenta!

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10

I did see him doing dodgng in photoshop for the same effect so I guess I can do it in Affinity. My trial ran out so am in the process of choosing software. Really want to avoid subscription!

Thanks again.