I import .abr format brushes to affinity designer in Pixel Persona, but alert "unexpected brush format", does anyone know how to figure it out ? thanks so much!

Screen Shot 2018-05-15 at 10.27.24 AM.png

Hi ynsongcn,

Welcome to the forums!

I have recently imported 20 brushes into Designer in .abr format in the Pixel Persona without error, so the issue may be file specific. If possible, could you provide me with a copy of your .abr brushes? Feel fee to PM them to me if you do not wish for the file to be public :) 

I've loaded lots of .abr files, but a few have failed, and a few work, but incorrectly. My guess from looking at the files, and or download sources, is that there was a format change in .abr. Ones made recently seem to be fine, but ones from some years ago seem to break up, and become a bunch of streaks.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

Thanks for the further info gdenby, if possible could you provide me with a few samples of those that work and those that don't so we can investigate this further and log it with out developers? :) 

I tossed those that I had problems w., but still had a d-load file. They are in a set called georgeguo. Some seem to work OK, others have this odd striping effect. Attached is a screen shot of a vertical stroke made w. one, and the brush settings dialog. I notice the usual S-curve stroke illustration is partial. Others long discarded were much worse.

oddbrush.thumb.jpg.6e81e5852baa7ce1c31d3e0eaf194180.jpg

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet