You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

HDR Sequence batch processor

I would love if you could add a way to process timelapse sequences shot in HDR so that if I merge the three exposures and edit them as a 32bits file I can select a folder that contains for example 300 frames (1 in 0EV, 1 in +3EV and 1 in -3EV) and batch the same way that Photomatix does. 

This is an example of a timelapse frame that I have never been able to process because of this slow process. Here it is https://500px.com/photo/48376766/perfect-sunset-at-%22el-remate%22-by-fabriccio-diaz-?from=user_library

I would love to process a 720 (3 exposure = 240 blended frames) HDR Raw Sequence and not having to manually edit each frame!

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

+1 It would make my life easier as well. I wanted to shoot an HDR panorama and had some 20 perspectives with 5 exposures each. And manually first merge all exposures to HDR and then do the panorama was quite a massive time sink.

It would be really great if I could point HDR merge to a folder and it would figure out the matching fotos itself and merge them to HDR with a preset I define. This would safe a ton of work and a lot of manual mouse clicking.

I just tried Aurora HDR 2017 demo and it does exactly that. But the HDR result is not better and it feels sluggish to make adjustments, I like Affinity Photo a lot better. It's not worth the $99 price tag for me. But the batch HDR merge is really nice and handy. (see below)

batch2x.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...