LR0728

Can't print multiple images Affinity Designer

Hi Adam, I have updated Publisher Beta, and run the program with the switch you advised.   I printed 3 copies, and it worked correctly!  I received 3 copies from the LX900.

I have pasted the log file and received the attached file.  Please let me know if this is not correct.  Thank you! 

Affinity Log.txt

Thank you - I'm glad to hear you have a solution.

If I could trouble you one more time... unfortunately your log file appears to be truncated. If when you have time you could run up, print and then shut down and then copy the log that would be really helpful.

Hi Adam,  Thanks.  We have all our documents in Affinity Designer, so we're looking forward to getting the update in 1.7.  What is the timing on this?  We are coming up on our busy holiday season, so streamlining this printing issue is very important.

2 minutes ago, LR0728 said:

Hi Adam,  Thanks.  We have all our documents in Affinity Designer, so we're looking forward to getting the update in 1.7.  What is the timing on this?  We are coming up on our busy holiday season, so streamlining this printing issue is very important.

We don't publicise future release dates for patches or releases, as times can and do often change. However, before the 1.7 releases, we'll have customer betas available for testing, so you could try those out while waiting for the retail release.

Hi There - we've been patiently waiting since November for an update to this printing problem.  Is there any progress?  Thanks!

8 hours ago, LR0728 said:

Hi There - we've been patiently waiting since November for an update to this printing problem.  Is there any progress?  Thanks!

You could install the 1.7 beta alongside your current version and see if it works there.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.356), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.7.3.475 Beta

Unfortunately, no,  I have installed the beta, and the print jobs only deliver one copy at a time, even if multiple copies are sent in the print job.  For example, I tried to print 3 copies, but only 1 will print. 

Hi - great news. I used the command switch you had set up for testing, and have setup a desktop shortcut to open Designer with the switch.  The multi printing now works:

"C:\Program Files\Affinity\Affinity Designer\designer.exe" --printmode1

Yay!