All right; let me get relevant here :) : This applies to Designer, Photo and APub when it eventually hits the streets. The right-click context menu is not contextual. It displays the same options when, let's say the Pen tool, and the Node tool are selected, as so:

Here's a screen snag of the drawing program I've been using for the past 20 years:

This just makes sense, doesn't it? Let's just suppose I'm working in APub right now, I've got the Text tool highlighting several words If I right-click, I'd love (expect) options for rEVERSE cASE, Title Case, lowercase, and so on. If I right-click on a ruler, I'd expect to be offered Units, Zeroing the ruler, Create Decimal tabs, not exactly what I'm suggest, but do you understand what I wish for? More power out of an existing feature.

TIA & My Best,

Gary Bouton
[Author Author]

AD's context menu.png

X Context Menu.png

subdued-gallery-sig.jpg

Hi Gary,

I've split/moved this post to its own thread in the Feature Requests section (the dev teams do look for suggestions/improvements here). This is a general improvement request that applies to all Affinity apps. It would be eventually lost/missed mixed in the original Affinity Publisher thread. We also have a Share your work section where everyone is welcome to share/post their work with Affinity apps. Please consider adding your work there instead.

Assuming that Affinity software uses right-click as a way of getting a context-sensitive menu - not all applications do - I would agree that the items in that menu should be limited to those that are only related to the tool/action currently being used/performed.

However, looking at the right-hand menu in your "Other Vector Software" image, I'd say that - without knowing which software it was - the other software doesn't give what I would expect from a "properly contextual" menu either. For example, when I'm using a Node tool, I would not expect to the able to: export; create a web animation; add text inside, or many of the other things.

When using a Node tool I would only expect functions that related to manipulating nodes, E.g. snap to grid; snip; make smooth, etc. The other functions related to the line I was editing - further "up", contextually - would be available in Select mode instead, perhaps, but not when I was editing nodes.

That's just my opinion of course, and more seasoned vector artists will probably have better ideas.

1 hour ago, MEB said:

Hi Gary,

I've split/moved this post to its own thread in the Feature Requests section (the dev teams do look for suggestions/improvements here). This is a general improvement request that applies to all Affinity apps. It would be eventually lost/missed mixed in the original Affinity Publisher thread. We also have a Share your work section where everyone is welcome to share/post their work with Affinity apps. Please consider adding your work there instead.

I'll do that, thanks! One of the worst things a new member can do is to post all over the place. Thanks again for the heads up!

subdued-gallery-sig.jpg