Sanity_Rose1

Refine Selection Not Working

I have an iPad Pro with the latest iOS revision and the lastest version of Affinity Photo. The refine selection tool doesn’t work. No matte will appear to help you visualize the refinement.  If I delete the app and reinstall, the feature will work once and never again. Please help. 

Hi Sanity_Rose1,

Welcome to the forums!
Is this happening no matter what image/document you are working on? This is not an issue we have heard of before and need some further details to investigate. Am I correct in saying that the matte visualisation shows once, and then will not load again? Does the same thing happen if you open a new document - ie you can refine once, then the feature stops working - or can you only refine once in any document before it will not work correctly again?

I am having the same problem. I have not tried deleting and reinstalling the app but I have been needing to use a different app to make a selection.

Are you working on Pixel layers? Images pasted in would need to be rasterised first to change image layer to pixel layer.

IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.3.1 Affinity Photo 1.7.1.143 Affinity Design 1.7.1.1 Publisher for iPad ?