You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

If the Paintbrush is selected

Press down Alt and click, that loads the Paintbrush with the colour you click on.

or press down Alt and drag a little for a colour picker magnifier (as shown below). That also loads the brush.

altbrush.jpg.86490e995523814c492e021111d0153b.jpg

That's for Photo on a PC. You didn't say so I'm guessing.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

What are you using to paint with?

• Mouse
  • Drawing Tablet

Drawing tablets usually have keys that you can program to do what you want, they also make painting easier. Using a mouse for painting is like using your mobile as a spoon lol! 

1 hour ago, toltec said:

press down Alt and drag a little for a colour picker magnifie

Same for Mac Toltec

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Wacom are the Defacto tablets and if you can afford one, the Wacom Intuos Pro are a worthy purchase, the feature set on most Wacom's are very good and drivers work well in most programs although Wacom users seem to have trouble with in Krita.

I have bought the XP-Pen Deco 03 and its a very competent Tablet, I'm just getting used to it and have changed the button config about 10 times lol!  Its wireless too and is very ergonomic, it's selling feature is the dial that can resize brushes or be set as a zoom in and out, you find yourself using it a lot. If using on USB cable, the cable can get in the way of the dial but you get round that by laying the side of your hand over it. I generally use it wirelessly so its not a problem.  

I got mine for £84.00, they retail about £99.00 but I watched a video that advertised a promo code, it had expired on May 1st but when I tried it on May 3rd on Amazon it was accepted so I got 15% off lol! 15% OFF AMAZON UK DISCOUNT CODE: PLP6JYO8 Try it if you want to buy one.

My first tablet was an Aiptek Ultimate that I'd used for 7 years+ and was a Wacom Intuos Pro Clone, I sold it recently to a very happy guy as he used Windows 7 and drivers were still available for Windows 7 but the drivers for Mac were too old and didn't work very well. That prompted me to buy the XP-Pen Deco 03. The XP-Pen range are generally highly regarded. 

With Wacom you are buying the best and that is shown with the price hike, but you also get an excellent feature set, good driver support and a large community of users. XP-Pen service is excellent and they respond to questions quickly and are always updating drivers.

If was going to do drawing as a day job I'd push to a XP-Pen Drawing Display, if I actually earned a living I'd change to a Cintiq and earn even more. This is how I look at things, can it earn me more than it cost, if the answer is yes I buy the product because everything after the initial outlay is now profit.

Ultimately affordability dictates what you buy, so, I always ask what's your upper limit and buy within that price range.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions