You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

2018 iPad+Pencil at Costco deal

Not a question but I did not know where else to put this:

If you are in the U.S., have a Costco membership, & are thinking about buying one of the new 2018 iPads & an Apple Pencil, as per this 9to5.com article, if you order both, the price drops to $354.98 (before state & local sales tax where applicable). The offer is only good through May 15th & only the 32 GB gray or gold models qualify.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

The staff can move it wherever seems best ... or just wait until the 16th & delete it, since the offer is only available through the 15th.

BTW, I did some epic stretching of my budget & just ordered the pair. With sales tax & 1-2 business day shipping the total was about $390, so I can finally use the iPad Photo app I bought when it first was released on discount for $20. So in a sense, it qualifies as perhaps the most expensive single app I have ever bought. :8_laughing:

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

1 minute ago, R C-R said:

BTW, I did some epic stretching of my budget & just ordered the pair. With sales tax & 1-2 business day shipping the total was about $390, so I can finally use the iPad Photo app I bought when it first was released on discount for $20. So in a sense, it qualifies as perhaps the most expensive single app I have ever bought. :8_laughing:

Congratulations! I suspect that compared to your recent plumbing bill, even the undiscounted price probably didn’t sound like very much. ;)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 hour ago, Alfred said:

Congratulations! I suspect that compared to your recent plumbing bill, even the undiscounted price probably didn’t sound like very much. ;)

Thanks. It is funny how the mind (or at least mine) works. Aside from trying find room in our budget for the iPad purchase so soon after paying for the plumbing repair, I wasn't really thinking about that cost comparison. The only comparison I was really thinking about much was the cost of an iPad Pro vs. a non-pro iPad that supports the Apple Pencil ... & how that would finally validate/justify my $20 investment in the Affinity app while 'saving' me $300 or more to do that! xD

Affinity Photo