Eccentric Wonder

Designer PDF Has No Images

Dunno what's up with the file and don't have time right now to play with it..

If I create a regular page document and copy all your stuff over to it, it exports fine.

You do need to increase or stretch the image and reset the color bars. The top and bottom are at the document edge and as this design needs to bleed on all 4 sides it needs done.

My computer is a nothing-special Toshiba laptop with unremarkable specs running Windows 10 64-bit.

I used the default PDF(for export) preset without changing anything. Are you sure it's not a problem with the PDF program you want to open it with?

Exported at 192 dpi and all settings like you chose

It exported with the image and I viewed it in sumatraPDFviewer and xnviewMP without problems

PDF_Export_Bug.pdf

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Win10(1903)Home / Photo / Designer / Publisher & latest (beta) versions

I just tried it again and I still get the same problem. I have tried two different applications for opening the pdf and they both show the same image less pdf. I used the pdf for print option because I had to print this out

Maybe tell us which programs you're using to open/view the pdf.

As you can see others like me have no problem with it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Win10(1903)Home / Photo / Designer / Publisher & latest (beta) versions

First response...just opening and using my pdf/x-4 export didn’t work. However it may be the checkbox for using Advanced Features, which isn't checked by default for the For Export option (cannot remember which ones do include it and am still not back around my computer). 

I used Acrobat for viewing but the viewer is perhaps a red herring. 

My computer is a nothing-special Toshiba laptop with unremarkable specs running Windows 10 64-bit.

PDF for print does not work (300DPI)

The easiest and quickest solution is just to rasterise the image in the layers panel (then it works)

Note: The image is larger than what is displayed in the document so if you want to preserve it's size (so you can reposition it in the future) just copy the image to a new document, rasterise it then copy it back and delete the original image

Hopefully Dev or Support can explain why it does not work as it is.

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

It's ok at 300 for me ( pdf/x-43), but the export bug using "File > Export" (white parts in the bleed zone).

It's ok using the Export persona (I added red cubes to check the Main artboard limits). The bleed is on a bigger artboard.

I join a low res PDFwith lot of JPEG compression, since at full res it was huge.

2018-05-11_082037.png

2018-05-11_082053.png

2018-05-11_082113.png

PDF_bug_300v2_6.pdf

HI jslrn60

these is something odd with that base pixel layer. It not supposed to make much of a difference but if you rasterise the bottom pixel layer again it will export fine with PDF to Print. Possibly due to it going outside the document area it doesn't like but I shall investigate this further and pass it on to development

thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com