You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

been playing around this afternoon with some different methods of creating custom brushes.  Thought I'd share some of the results.  this small group of 5 brushes will work in both affinity photo and Designer (Pixel Persona) There are a couple that might make interesting borders, and some that just make interesting grunge or painterly effects  

experimental Brushes.afbrushes

experimental.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2018 at 8:29 PM, Angelize said:

been playing around this afternoon with some different methods of creating custom brushes.  Thought I'd share some of the results.  this small group of 5 brushes will work in both affinity photo and Designer (Pixel Persona) There are a couple that might make interesting borders, and some that just make interesting grunge or painterly effects  

experimental Brushes.afbrushes

experimental.png

I really  like the 4th brush!! how dod you make it?

I'm glad folks have been finding these brushes useful :)  To answer char_zard if you double click the brushes in designer(pixel persona) or Photo to open the brush editing dialogue you will see that brushes 3,4,and 5 share the same starting texture and I have achieved different results by experimenting with different settings.  #4 has a high rotation jitter and it is set to random on the dynamics tab.  The texture was created from an image of bubble wrap with  B&W and Threshold adjustments.