You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Native Imposition Facilities

Hi Guys. 

I cannot find any reference to the Imposition facilities which will be available natively to Affinity Publisher (AP). I would prefer not to have to use additional software along the lines of IDimposer Pro, although it has certainly addressed many of the imposition shortcomings in InDesign.

Can any staff member say anything about the currently included or intended imposition capabilities of AP at this juncture?

Thank you.

4 minutes ago, jepho said:

Affinity Publisher (AP)

It’s clear enough in the present context, but to avoid confusion in the future might be a good idea to get used to a different abbreviation such as ‘APub’. I personally use the abbreviation ‘APh’ for Affinity Photo, but many forum members use ‘AP’.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 hour ago, Alfred said:

It’s clear enough in the present context, but to avoid confusion in the future might be a good idea to get used to a different abbreviation such as ‘APub’. I personally use the abbreviation ‘APh’ for Affinity Photo, but many forum members use ‘AP’.

Thanks for the timely reminder... I consider my knuckles have been very gently wrapped. :)))  

APub is very much better. It was just a brainfart and I had forgotten that Affinity Photo may also be abbreviated to AP. 

52 minutes ago, GabrielM said:

Hi @jepho,

We cannot confirm or deny any features for Affinity Publisher until the beta is released. Sorry :(

Thaks,

Gabe. 

Thank you GabrielM. It was not me attempting to get the lowdown on potential industrial sabotage targets... more an effort to understand what workflow choices I may have to plan for in the future. Planning is an essential part of my commitment to any particular software pathway and workflow. :)

2 hours ago, Alfred said:

Some use "AF" for Affinity Photo. For myself, I created 3 character keyboard text substitution shortcuts in the Mac's System Preferences > Keyboard > Text tab for both current apps (an exclamation point followed by either AD or AP). So when I am at my Mac, while it may look like I took the time to type the full names, I actually just type 3 characters & they automatically expand into them.

It is an OS feature I use for a lot of short phrases -- above I typed an exclamation mark & SP instead of "System Preferences," & there are many others I use. I even created a substitution for "teh" so when I too often type that it automatically corrects to "the."

I don't know if Windows has anything similar but if it does, it might be worth considering for those who post to these forums frequently.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

1 hour ago, R C-R said:

Some use "AF" for Affinity Photo.

Unfortunately, that particular abbreviation has another common meaning (and I'm not thinking of "AutoFocus")! xD

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

37 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Unfortunately, that particular abbreviation has another common meaning (and I'm not thinking of "AutoFocus")! xD

Atrial Fibrillation ? :P

"an abnormal heart rhythm characterized by rapid and irregular beating of the atria"

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

35 minutes ago, Alfred said:

I am sure I do not know WTF meaning are you referring to.  devil2.gif

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7