Sign in to follow this  
dmstraker

Blend Modes -- Mono and Colour Visuals

Herewith a little document containing mono and colour examples of blend modes in action. I find it useful to see relationships between different/similar blend modes. Also how weird transitions can happen!

Monochrome blend is gradient black to white, from top to bottom above left to right. Colour blend is trickier, with green over red, with both fading differently to each edge (to black, white, grey and transparent). Top (blend) and bottom (base) layers are shown on the first page.

Enjoy!

Blend modes -- 2D visuals.pdf

Dave Straker

Cameras: Sony A7R2, RX100V

Computers: Win10: Chillblast Photo with i7-3770 + 16Gb RAM + Philips 40in 4K; Surface Pro 4 i5

Favourite word: Aha. For me and for others.

Good work. What happens w. different color gradients, considering different color have different luminosity values?

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

Hi,

This is an opportunity for me to learn, how to better handle the gray component of color saturation
Thank you for your substantive work sincerely.

Thank you for sharing.

Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 :   Affinity Photo-Beta  1.7.1.404 :    Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404:  Affinity Designer-Beta 1.7.1.404:

Affinity Publisher-Beta 1.7.1.399:       Windows 10 Pro  (Version  1809 Build 17763.557)