Pattou

Photo - Nature Design

Agave takes its name from greek, meaning something deserving admiration (Linnaeus).

From start to finish in APhoto, amazing leaves...

Thanks for reading.

Patrick

Capture.JPG

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i7 5820K 3.30 GHz - NVIDIA GTX 1070 - Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB - RAM 64 Go

Nice job.

Affinity Designer 1.6.5 & beta 1.7.0.240 Affinity Photo 1.6.5, beta  1.7.0.240 Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.238

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1709

CPU Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.40GHz Haswell 22nm Technology

RAM 32.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798 MHz (11-11-11-28)

Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. B85M-D3H (SOCKET 0)

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Gigabyte)

Yoda.png

It has been a long time since my last post...

I had a bit of time to "play" : I try to strengthen the texture/forms/colors in APh.

@+

Capt2.JPG

Capt1.JPG

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i7 5820K 3.30 GHz - NVIDIA GTX 1070 - Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB - RAM 64 Go

To change a bit, some flowers... I had fun with these ones : from raw/nef (quite flat with horrible background) to adjustments in Develop and Photo Personas (I hope I did not already post the inflorescence, I could not find it herein). The 3rd is a close-up of the second. Amazing flowers O.o

Cheers,

Patrick

Capture1.JPG

Capture.JPG

bande1.jpg

5 hours ago, Pattou said:

@PedroOfOzThank you for the info :). I do not know this book but I have to admit that I do notmotivationny (photo)booksmotivationaraphy :$. I have a few quite old ones more about newbie rudimental techniques that I bought when I was young (a long time ago ;-)

I will certainly get it. I do like very much B&W photos. I should spend more time in APhoto trying to get B&W photos like they works for me.

Cheers,

Patrick

@Pattou  It's really a pleasure to look at your work and just thinking that you have done it with Affinity Photo is kind of motivational vitamin. 

I believe buying the Affinity Workbook will be of great interest for you (if you haven't got a copy already) 

BlessingS

Never be the Same Again !
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2010) - 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 - VIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6  - Affinity Designer + Affinity Photo + Affinity Publisher + Snagit 2019 + Camtasia 2018 + Movavi Video Editor Business 15

Macrophotography of some lichens (macro lens, f16-20, tripod): from raw/nef to APh . The 3r one is a close-up of the second, different adjustments for diffrent feelings.

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Capture4.JPG

Capture5.JPG

36 minutes ago, Pattou said:

Macrophotography of some lichens

Wonderful work, as usual! B|

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.11.85 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.1.1 (iPad Air 2)

Fantastic work....This planet never ceases to impress!..even at the micro-scale

APh & AD 1.6.5.123 + Beta AD 1.7.0.240 | APh 1.6.5.123 + Beta AP 1.7.0.240
APu 1.7.0.238 Beta

Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 18.10.2 (Adrenalin, 
Radeon Settings Version
19.1.1) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.32-3

These "still life" photos might not suit everyone but they work very well for me. The raw were quite dull (I even wondered what I was going to do with them)... From Develop to Photo Persona with different live filters and blend modes and here is the result with such texture & colours. This is not macrophoto due to the size of the flowers.

Cheers,
Patrick

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Still some macros but in addition to the editing I usually do, I've tested the live lightning filter which brings a kind of relief. APhoto dealed rather well with these images but I did not test another photo app for comparison (I saw in the forum that some users have problems with APh as a raw processor). The first two were processed from raw of different f (20 and 40), not the best to get a sharp image but APh sharpen filters are efficient, and I did not want to deal with focus stacking process this time (I might try to test APh).

P

Lichen2.JPG

Lichen.JPG

Capt1.JPG

Capt4.JPG

Here it is, a stacking of 6 images (macrophoto) at f/9.
It needed time to carry out the process due to the complexity of the subject but APhoto handles well, really very well. I only edited halos around edges with the clone brush tool (no other cloning or inpainting).
P

Stacking1.JPG

Stacking2.JPG

Ok, the last of the week :D... and even stronger for APh : 18 images first processed for hdr (naturel but contrasted look; 3 by 3) and then processed for stacking (6 images). It took almost 3 hours but APhoto did a great job. Halos were substantial but could be removed with the clone stamp tool from the source layers.

Another feeling in B&W, also in Aphoto :)

Cheers,

Patrick

h_stacking.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Personally for me the colour is working better at this stage however keep going ... I'm totally into what you're doing /journey [no emoji for thumbs up ... you're onto it—:)]

https://www.peterdinnan.com/     photography with strong elements of mood, abstraction, pareidolia, gestalt and the morphics

@PedroOfOz Thank you for your comment :) !

On my screen (calibrated but not dedicated to photography), the B&W appears very contrasted and you can easily be into the different forms and texture of these tiny little (often less than ~1cm) living creatures. Without contrast, it is clearly less appealing... but indeed, one can wonder which subject has been photographed xD

Cheers,

Patrick

Hello Patrick , I could do a somewhat long winded reply however go to my web and click about ... it'll give a little about my background  ... I wish you all the best with your work and I did post a link, back a bit, to a  master photographer that works, in the same church, same pew as you' ... go for it  ;) 

Screens, background ... nah! I'm calibrated ... I walked into a darkroom in 1979 and walked out of it for the last time in 2003 as a well seasoned pro....  :)

https://www.peterdinnan.com/     photography with strong elements of mood, abstraction, pareidolia, gestalt and the morphics

1 hour ago, PedroOfOz said:

no emoji for thumbs up

Please be my guest, Peter! thumbup.gif thumbup1.gif

More (rescued from the old Serif Forums) here.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.11.85 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.1.1 (iPad Air 2)