kdahlstrand

(AD) Steam redesign concept - critique wanted

Nice! Thanks for posting

Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 & beta 1.7.2.464  Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 beta  1.7.2.464 Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.422 beta  1.7.2.458

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1709

CPU Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.40GHz Haswell 22nm Technology

RAM 32.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798 MHz (11-11-11-28)

Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. B85M-D3H (SOCKET 0)

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Gigabyte)

yoda.png

This is a great work, I can see you spent time on details and I know devil's hiding in details :D

You pretty much get the spirit of steam poured in Discord-like ui. If I may, I think it lake space in your experience : the eye does not have enough space to rest, there is too much elements. Otherwise I like the tone you gave to it.

2 hours ago, Ugarz said:

This is a great work, I can see you spent time on details and I know devil's hiding in details :D

You pretty much get the spirit of steam poured in Discord-like ui. If I may, I think it lake space in your experience : the eye does not have enough space to rest, there is too much elements. Otherwise I like the tone you gave to it.

Thanks Ugarz,
You raise a valid point regarding white space. I need to figure out a way to improve this aspect of the design. Maybe I even have to remove some elements. 

I have also received critique for not making the typography help the user (more contrast in font size and weight for example, this is also something I will change. Another part of the design that seems to have been a mistake is the main element not being aligned at the top elements to the right and left. I myself liked this, but it seems I was wrong. Do you agree on these points as well?

Your input is much appreciated my friend! 

6 hours ago, ambiroa said:

looks great, the only thing is that top alignment though ;)

Thanks for your response ambiroa! 
I am working on a complete redesign that should be finished by Monday. 
Hope to see you here then for new input by then!

Thanks for taking your time bud!