You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

(AD) Steam redesign concept - critique wanted

kdahlstrand

Nice! Thanks for posting

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

This is a great work, I can see you spent time on details and I know devil's hiding in details :D

You pretty much get the spirit of steam poured in Discord-like ui. If I may, I think it lake space in your experience : the eye does not have enough space to rest, there is too much elements. Otherwise I like the tone you gave to it.

2 hours ago, Ugarz said:

This is a great work, I can see you spent time on details and I know devil's hiding in details :D

You pretty much get the spirit of steam poured in Discord-like ui. If I may, I think it lake space in your experience : the eye does not have enough space to rest, there is too much elements. Otherwise I like the tone you gave to it.

Thanks Ugarz,
You raise a valid point regarding white space. I need to figure out a way to improve this aspect of the design. Maybe I even have to remove some elements. 

I have also received critique for not making the typography help the user (more contrast in font size and weight for example, this is also something I will change. Another part of the design that seems to have been a mistake is the main element not being aligned at the top elements to the right and left. I myself liked this, but it seems I was wrong. Do you agree on these points as well?

Your input is much appreciated my friend! 

6 hours ago, ambiroa said:

looks great, the only thing is that top alignment though ;)

Thanks for your response ambiroa! 
I am working on a complete redesign that should be finished by Monday. 
Hope to see you here then for new input by then!

Thanks for taking your time bud!