MeNan

Items Showing Up Outside of Document Area

Starting yesterday, when I pull items larger than the white area of the document, into the black area, instead of those parts of the items no longer showing, they ARE still showing.  I can pull items all the way into the black area, and they are still visible.  Is this a bug, or a wrong setting?

Thanks so much,

MeNan

Hi MeNan,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

This behaviour depends on whether you are using a regular (non-artboard) based document or an artboard based document.

For regular documents you can control the visibility of objects outside the canvas ticking/unticking the menu View Mode ▸ Clip to Canvas.

For artboard based documents all objects are visible outside the artboard (except for those crossing the artboard edges which are only partially visible inside the canvas area) as long as their layers are NOT contained inside the artboard layer.

Note that if you move an object layer to outside the artboard's layer in the Layers panel but the object itself still remains inside the artboard area on canvas, next time you move it, its layer will be automatically placed/moved to inside the artboard's layer. Same for the opposite case.

Ahhh... must have accidentally changed that setting.  I figured it was probably something like that!  Thank you so much!

Hi so gland this issue came up I have been at a loss to understand why designer seemed to have no "paste board" . I am used to serif's now lametably  legacy programmes having this facility and I use them  all the time to place objects that I re use:) Thanks MeNan for brining this up. and MEB for the info! Marj