You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

when converting rgb to cmyk , some element still in rgb

hello,

new here.

I read some topics on conversion from rgb to cmyk but still in doubt...

I have done some illustrations for a children book in affinity designer,  with ,for some, backgrounds with gradients, text on a path. all in rgb.

First time I am working in vectors.

The infographist who is assembling everything for the printer ask me to convert to cmyk.

I did, reworked the colours that were different and very dulled.

when converting I choose, print (press-ready), 300 dpi, cmyk-8 (us web coated swop)V2, transparent background

and checked " assign"

He asked for a EPS file. When he opened the file, a warning appeared saying that some elements were still in rgb.

Did I missed something? I have multi layers with vectors , should I merge them?

Apparently, text on a path can be a problem as gradiant, some are from full colour to transparent.

thank you very much for your help

Benedicte

• Staff

Hi Benedicte,

Welcome to the forums!

I would recommend exporting your EPS file, and in the export window, open the 'More...' options. Here change 'Rasterise' to everything and uncheck 'Embed Metadata' as below:

02950e83383b25261442503bff2ebe12.png

If this does not help, could you please upload a copy of your .afdesign file? This can be direct messaged to me if you do not wish for the file to be public here and we can take a look into this for you! Do you know which program the EPS is being opened in, that is presenting this warning?

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

Hello Dan,

thank you very much for your reply.

He opens the files in Illustrator.

He prefers to keep the files not rasterized and is going to work with the EPS files I sent.

He told me that all  gradiants were rasterized  in my EPS files. Is this a normal ? Are gradiant a problem?

I am waiting for the printer proof and see if every thing OK.

thank you for your help

• Staff

No problem at all :) 
If you wish to keep your gradients not rasterised then I'd recommend exporting from Affinity in .SVG, opening the file in Illustrator and then saving as an EPS. This will keep your gradients non rasterised, as unfortunately our EPS export will rasterise gradients.
Of course, do let us know if you need further help!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)