You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, Brian. :)

Huion and Yiynova have been mentioned in other threads as possible alternatives to Wacom, but I’m afraid I don’t have personal experience of either brand.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

This is a review my Sister wrote after buying the XP-Pen Artist 22 to do her book covers: https://www.whispersonthewing.com/xp-pen-artist22-drawing-monitor-review/

https://www.xp-pen.com/goods/show/id/11.html

I use the XP Pen Deco 03 drawing tablet and it functions very well in Affinity.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

I bought the XP-Pen Artist 15.6 and it works very well for me. There is a similar XP-Pen model that has a stand but is more expensive and I did not care for the pen. You had to charge it up. The Artist 15.6 has a passive pen design, so no charging to worry about and I already had a stand that I use for my 12.9 iPad Pro.

What I love about the Artist 15.6 is that it has a matte screen protector already applied, the pen does not need charging, and the cables have been streamlined. I hook up a single USB type C to the 15.6 display and then on the other end I plug the HDMI connector to my computer and one of the two USB connectors as well. I did not have to use the second USB connector or plug it into the wall adapter. My computer gives it enough juice to work with over just the one USB connection.

At this price point, yeah, there is some parallax that you have to get used to but it really is not that bad. It becomes a non issue pretty quickly. Some might complain that the pen has no eraser but that to me has always been a pet peeve of mind. I have owned Wacoms in the past but never used the eraser on their pens. Why you say? Because why would I want to flip the pen in my hand and use a big, fat stub to erase with? That to me is like using my finger to erase with, makes no sense. With my XP-Pen stylus I have a button on the pen set up so that I click it and it switches to the eraser and I can actually see what I am erasing clearly using the same fine tip. Never understood the attraction of mimicking that analog equivalent of the eraser on our digital pens. Sorry for the rant.

Anyway, I bought mine for $359. Highly recommended.