You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Reminds me of the TV series Space 1999 :)

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Surely anything behind the moon, including the earth's shadow, is invisible. So its colour is immaterial.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

19 minutes ago, John Rostron said:

Surely anything behind the moon, including the earth's shadow, is invisible. So its colour is immaterial.

John

As a thought, is it "invisible" ?

There is nothing there, it is space, empty, a void (etc)

So technically, it is not invisible, it is "missing" ?

Just a thought O.oAlfred ?

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

33 minutes ago, toltec said:

So technically, it is not invisible, it is "missing" ?

Just a thought O.oAlfred ?

“Invisible” literally means neither more nor less than “unable to be seen”. It doesn’t matter whether an object’s invisibility is caused by its being hidden or by its being completely missing.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

41 minutes ago, toltec said:

There is nothing there, it is space, empty, a void (etc)

there is dark matter and dark energy, not totaly empty

intel core i5,  16GB 128Gb ssd win10 Pro Huion new 1060plus.

philips 272p 2560x1440px on intel HD2500 onboard graphics

Razer Tartarus Chroma

11 minutes ago, Alfred said:

“Invisible” literally means neither more nor less than “unable to be seen”. It doesn’t matter whether an object’s invisibility is caused by its being hidden or by its being completely missing.

So technically, the money in my bank account is merely invisible, not missing. That's good news :D

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

10 minutes ago, toltec said:

So technically, the money in my bank account is merely invisible, not missing. That's good news :D

LOL. I think you mean the money not in your bank account! :P

I hate to break this to you, but you’ve got it the wrong way around: if it were hidden it would be merely invisible, but if it’s missing then it’s missing (and invisible, too). If it were missing because someone threw it into a lake I suppose it could be described as “merely” invisible, but I’m playing with words now. whistling.gif

Alfred spacer.png

1 hour ago, Alfred said:

LOL. I think you mean the money not in your bank account! :P

I hate to break this to you, but you’ve got it the wrong way around: if it were hidden it would be merely invisible, but if it’s missing then it’s missing (and invisible, too). If it were missing because someone threw it into a lake I suppose it could be described as “merely” invisible, but I’m playing with words now. whistling.gif

and strangely enough lakes have banks O.o

Also, do you mean invisible to the naked eye; not that I've ever seen a clothed one but one is assuming invisibility from the human perspective and with our rather stunted range of vision.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

23 minutes ago, firstdefence said:

and strangely enough lakes have banks O.o

Also, do you mean invisible to the naked eye; not that I've ever seen a clothed one but one is assuming invisibility from the human perspective and with our rather stunted range of vision.

LOL again. Yes, I think we have to assume invisibility from the human perspective. :)

Alfred spacer.png

How did you take / process that picture?  The black background is pure black and the stars are individual pixels!  Even the unlit part of the Moon, which should have some Earthshine, is showing mostly pure black.

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10