nakedzen

Designer crashes/unresponsive Win10

I just bought the software today and it seems great. Problem is, within the 15 minutes I've used it it has crashed 4 times.

I can draw a couple lines and then it becomes unresponsive.

I've maxed out the performance preferences and reduced the amount of ctrl+z steps with no help. Also all my preference changes seem to reset when I restart the program?

PC is Win10, 64-bit 12GB ram, Intel i7, NVidia GeForce GTX 970, using a Wacom tablet.

Hi,

Welcome to the Affinity forums!

Sorry to hear it's crashing for you. Could you please run it again and when it crashes; select the option to send the crash report, make a note of the crash reference number and post it here please.

Many thanks

Chris

Hello,

It doesn't give me the option, the program doesn't close it just becomes unresponsive (meaning "program does not respond" appears).

Seems to be related to enabling pressure control from the vector brush tool with my Wacom Intuos Pro tablet. The program hangs almost immediately after drawing a couple lines.

Affinity crash.jpg

I have a similar problem but mine crash on installation. 

I double click the Windows installer of the latest beta and it's just crashes, no send report, no error message, just crash. 

When possible I will still on it and do some tunning and if it works but the problem is there. 

Never be the Same Again !
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2010) - 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 - VIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6  - Affinity Designer + Affinity Photo + Affinity Publisher + Snagit 2019 + Camtasia 2018 + Movavi Video Editor Business 15