You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Ipad: How to move image within a mask?!

Hey all!

Okay, loving this new ipad and Affinity Photo!

But can anyone help me please? 

I'm using Photoshop for years and something I do regulary is create a mask then move the image within it without moving the mask, for example create a mask in the shape of someone's hair and then move an image of an abstract painting around within that mask so that I can choose within pieces of paint texture appear inside the shape of the hair. 

In Photoshop I just move the abstract paint reference image and the mask doesn't move. In Affinity the mask will move while the image stays in place, or else they both move, depending on whether I select the mask or the abstract paint image layer. But I can't get just the paint image layer to move alone. (Of course, the background image of the person is not moved or effected in this example)

How to do this? Anyone? 

Thanks in advance my friends ;)

19 minutes ago, owenr said:

Sorry, the context toolbar is in the Mac software and I only just realised this is an iPad question.

In the iPad version of Affinity Photo, the ‘Lock children’ toggle is in the Transform Studio.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)