mirla

Fonts no longer available in Photo after MacBook Pro migration

Please help. I bought a new MacBook Pro, and did a successful migration of data and files from my other MacBook Pro. Affinity Photo appears to have migrated over, but it's not recognizing most of my fonts in Font Book. These unrecognized fonts have an exclamation point before their names in the character window module. Quite frustrating. I'd be grateful for any help. Thanks in advance!

Screen Shot 2018-05-04 at 2.01.41 PM.png

Assuming your new MBP is running High Sierra, all the fonts listed in the first section of https://support.apple.com/HT207962 should be installed on it. However, some of them may be disabled in Font Book -- if so the word "Off" would appear next to them in that app. Have you checked for that?

Affinity Photo 1.6.7 & Affinity Designer 1.6.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.6.9.81 & Affinity Designer 1.6..2.24 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.0

Thank you. I'm running Sierra - there's no "Off" indication anywhere. There is, however, a checkbox with a checkmark, that controls disabling a font, but it's grayed out and unclickable for some of them, including those that are unavailable in Photo. Thanks anyway!