You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Co-worker quited the job and the account that he used to buy the Affinity Photo licesne was conected to his e-mail that is gone now. What to do? We have the license.

Hi,

Im working for a Company where one of my co-workers has buyed a license of Affiniti Photo and he used his work e-mail to register a account while doing that.
Now the problem is that the pc where we had the Affiniti Photo on has broken down and we got a new one. So we need to instal it again. But the co-worker who bought the
license has quited the job and he only left the information about the license number and no software. So we need the Affinti Photo software to install it again, but then we need to logg on to the account that was used
when we bought it and its gone now because the co-worker dont work here any more. 
So is there any other way to get the software so we can download it and use the license that we have?
"sorry for my bad English"

These options are my options not Affinity or Serifs, I do not work or have any affiliation with them.

I would suggest you contact him and ask for account the information.

Life lessons.

• Did he pay for it? if he did, he is the legal owner of Affinity Photo, not the Company.
  • If he did purchase the licence, regardless of whether he used a work email address or not he is still the owner, the company could reimburse him for the purchase and take over the account in a mutually agreed transaction, preferably with a signed agreement to document such a transaction.
  • As a Company, they should have purchased the product, not an employee, this is not good practice with software purchases as can be seen with this issue.

If you are not able to sort it, I'd put this down to life lessons to be learned from.

I'm sure one of the mods will be able to give better account advice soon like @MEB

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Assuming that the company still has access to the mailbox for his work email address (or can set it up again if it was deleted) you could use the Reset Password page in the Affinity Store. That will enable you to log in to the account associated with the purchase, so that you can download a copy of the installer file to the new PC.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)