Affinity Photo is of course not designed to be a drawing app but I find it useful as such, but I’ve noticed an odd behaviour: I start working with a chosen brush, but then, for no apparent reason it becomes half transparent although it’s set to zero transparency. It normally returns to normal after I quit the app and also close it, but like it is today, it refuses to go back to normal, even after I restarted the entire iPad. Perhaps I’m the only one who have noticed it and perhaps it’s only that exact brush but it’s odd. And annoying. 

134FF7BF-5955-4007-AD56-067807335342.jpeg

Hey Wilfred, 

You've got Wet Edges enabled. It's the symbol on the bottom right of the context menu with the little droplet coming from the brush. Let me know if that sorts it. If that is the cause, you're probably just accidentally catching it to turn it on. 

Hey! Sorry for the late reply but I thought I’d receive a notification when someone replied, but yes, you’re right - and sometimes even Protect Alpha, obviously. Good to know about it but it should have been a way to hide everything from the screen except what you’re drawing, in order to avoid that, but it seems like that menu is always there. And also when I try to hide everything it all pops back all the time, probably because I inadvertently touch something. 

I know that this is a photo editing app first and foremost, but with a few adjustments it could be a superb drawing app as well, with a tonne of interesting options, but then they must work with sketch artists to see how we work, and at least for me, when I’m working, I don’t pay attention to menus etcetera. I just draw. Intensely :)

Anyway, thanks for the excellent help!

(now to find out why I don’t receive notifications...)

50 minutes ago, Wilfred Hildonen said:

but then they must work with sketch artists to see how we work

I absolutely agree. I'll pass the feedback on as we're always looking to make improvements :) You can enable notifications for posts from Account Settings > Notification Settings (on the right under Other Settings). 

On 5/17/2018 at 3:04 PM, Chris B said:

:) You can enable notifications for posts from Account Settings > Notification Settings (on the right under Other Settings). 

Yes, I thought I had done that, but I just selected a few options and none says specifically “replies to my posts”, but I have chosen when new content is posted on topics I’m following.

Ah, but now I see a little button below this: Notify me of replies. Funny I didn’t see that earlier, but perhaps that could be set as default if one so wishes?

notif.png.af06bffb9a4a9a23f04d8853c5242a34.png

That's a bit random. You might want to set One mail per day, or for every post done, depending on how much intense you want it to become......

"Only send one email notification for content until I revisit" might make u loose important replies, tho.

This all through "Account settings" , from your top right icon in the page. (I mean, clicking the deploying triangle besides your name, which is besides your icon/avatar, at the very top right of any page here) (and then in that page, under Other Settings, Notification settings, will bring you to the window above)

Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo licenses, Windows 7, i7  860 (2009) 2.8 GHz,  8 GB RAM, GTX 1050 2 GB, HD 7200 RPM.  Wacom Intuos 4 XL.