You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Merge Character/Paragraph panels

We have plans to replace the current Character and Paragraph panels so expect a big improvement later this year.

Thank you, that'll be great! He's now working with text in simulation design websites not work with two panels comfortable. For example, in the Character panel missing line height.

• 2 months later...

We are aware of this. As TonyB already said, they will be revamped later this year.

While you're revamping, can I request the ability to choose fonts by typing font name (possibly auto-completing Illustrator-style). I have a VERY long font list and having to mouse to the top corner of the interface, click on the font selection and then scroll through is pretty laborious. With AI, I go CMD-ALT-SHIFT-F, which highlights the font selection, then type two or three letters of the font name, and then hit return. I set a lot of type and the current font selection process is major reason for not migrating to AD completely.

While I'm on the subject of typesetting, having a 'Recent Font' option added to the contextual menu when right-clicking text would be a huge bonus…

Thanks!

JIm

Hi Jim,

You can already do that. Click on the Font family drop down in the context toolbar and write the first letters of the name of the font. It should jump to that area.

That's interesting… thanks! 

That said, now I've tried it — if I'm working with type, I'll usually have both hands on the keyboard so a keyboard shortcut to activate the font menu would still be much appreciated.

Cheers

Jim

• 3 months later...

While requesting a font usage improvement...

Could the font size values get up & down arrows to tap the font size up a point size or two. If it's not in the pull down list, then you have to manually type new values, (or worse… use my mouse's track surface which sends me skyrocketing into massive numbers)

Thanks in advance.

• 9 months later...

While requesting a font usage improvement...

Could the font size values get up & down arrows to tap the font size up a point size or two. If it's not in the pull down list, then you have to manually type new values, (or worse… use my mouse's track surface which sends me skyrocketing into massive numbers)

Thanks in advance.

I see this has and hasn't happened...

Font size and leading still don't have up & down arrows, but amazingly enough, every single other font attribute does.

Clearly, this must be a conscious decision to leave them off because it's obviously not a technical limitation. I can't think of any reason for this. Come now guys, what's up with this????