I have Affinity Designer (1.6.1)  installed on my iMacPro (macOS 10.13.4) and I can't open files anymore that I have created just a few weeks ago. I always get an "Failed to open file" error. "This file could not be opened because permission was denied." The file is on a NAS from which I can open it with no problem from my MacBookPro (macOS 10.13.4) no matter wether I  connect via NFS, AFP or SMB. I tried to copy the file locally off the NAS, but I still get the same error. I deleted and re-istalled Affinity Designer, but it still does not work.

What can I do?

Please help!

Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 09.30.04.png

Hi maschinsky,

Do you have any font management software installed or have many fonts installed? If you do try uninstalling or deactivating some fonts. This looks very similar to an issue that is caused by Apple's sandboxing security for Mac App Store software when you have too many fonts installed. See here for more information.

I have "Suitcase Fusion" Font management software installed, but it's already been there when I still could open files normally. Also I have not added any significant number of fonts since everything worked.

It does not seem to have to do anything with font management software as I have Suitcase Fusion installed on my MacBookPro and I can use Affinity products there with no problem. I have created a new user on the machine where it does not work and I can use Affinity software then, but not on my main user. Of course migrating to a new user is not an option, because firstly it takes weeks to get everything back to normal, install hundreds of apps, settings and plugins and secondly what do I do if that stupid bug comes up again?

I have tried to clear the font cache, deleted Affinity settings in my LIBRARY folder, repaired permissions, deinstalled fonts but I still can't save a damn file.

As I still have Adobe CC installed on my machine because of Premiere and After Effects I went back to using Photoshop and Illustrator, as I can't save files on my main machine.

Please help.