You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi, I’m having a problem with Affinity Photo, and am wondering if anybody has any suggestions as to how to fix. Because this isn’t the first time I’ve had this problem, I figure it’s worth asking so that I can maybe avoid it in the future.

Basically, I cannot export an edited photo to jpeg from Affinity Photo. This doesn’t always happen, just mostly with photos that have a large number of edits. I’ve also noticed that this seems to happen more frequently with photos that begin as RAW files, but maybe I’m wrong about that. From the few past forum posts I could see on this topic, Affinity photo staff said that photos with a large number of edits would take longer to export or flatten. But I gave it over an hour last night and it still wouldn’t export. Likewise, when this has happened before, the photo/edits in question seem to get stuck, even if I restart computer and reopen the saved affinity photo file.

I get that part of this is that my computer isn’t new — a 2013 MBP with 8 GB ram — but I’m hoping there’s a solution to this problem. It’s particularly frustrating because I started using Affinity Photo in large part because of the speed. For what it’s worth, I’m currently on Version 1.6.7, but I’ve had this problem going back to at least Version 1.5

Thanks

It’s an Affinity Photo file (.afphoto), not Affinity Design, but yes, I can share using the dropbox account. Thanks. I realize that there are probably a lot of (too many) edits, but I’m no expert, so please don’t judge my editing too much :)

The file name is DSC02149.afphoto

Thanks

I’m now having the same problem on a photo with fewer edits, though also a photo developed from RAW. When I check activity monitor on my Mac, it says Affinity Photo is using 350-400% of my CPU, so this may be part of the problem. Any idea of what could be going wrong?  I haven’t changed anything within settings, but maybe I need to adjust something within Affinity Photo relating to RAM usage or something?

• Staff

I've had a look at the file attached. The reason why it's so slow is that you have got so many live filters applied. Live filters work a bit different, and they will have a big impact on performance. I suggest this workflow: Once you're happy with the result, open the live filter and click on "merge". The main "issues" are the layers parented your background layer. If you merge all of them one by one, the export only takes a few seconds to export. 

Live Denoise.jpg